Alarm system using node red

Hello

Just wondering if anyone has managed to install an alarm system which talks to node red? I am not interested in building my own alarm system, more so just being able to arm/disarm a type tested alarm system from a reputable manufacturer via my dashboard.

If anyone has managed to install such a system, can you share what you've installed ?

Hi, @Sirhc,

I created my own alarm system with Node Red, based on the following characteristics.

I hope this will give you some idea's

Regards

Thanks for the response, but I'm reluctant to use node red to actually be the brains of the alarm system. Prefer for it to just act as an interface for basic arm/disarm functions.

I have been reading about the Konnected alarm panel, which appears to have MQTT functionality with ESPHome, but just not sure how this all ties together from a hardware/software perspective with node red.

Does anyone have this setup?

If it devices have MQTT abilities then it shouldn't matter what the other software/hardware is, just that it can subscribe/publish the messages.

And Node-Red is fully functional with MQTT, so I recommend you focus the search/research for hardware/software security devices that support MQTT... If so, then YES you can probably use them just fine with Node-Red.

Meanwhile, start playing around with Node-Red and it's MQTT nodes... even if just sending messages and data back and forth between tabs/flows... to get the feel of the Node-Red side.

Hi I wanted to do exactly the same. I already had an alarm system installed and wanted remote control.
It was not to difficult, I have an Accenta panel. It has a Set output which is high normally and goes to 0 volts when alarm is set, I wired this to a gpio on an esp8266 running Tasmota, which communicates easily with NR via MQTT, When set it sends a pushover message to my phone saying alarm set or unset.
The panel also has a PTS input which can be used to arm the panel , so I have a relay on another gpio pin on the same esp8266, it is easy to operate this relay or release it from a node red flow or UI button. It has been working well for a year. Happy to give more technical info if you are still interested after all the time.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.