Alexa integration nodered-raspberry

Hello I tried several contrib with the new echo 3 but the only one that works is the node-red-contrib-wemo-emulator, but I do not know how to get around the limit of 14 switch on the raspberry... anyone knows if you can install two versions of nodered on the same raspberry? or if there is any other way to have an infinite number of devices with echo 3, thank you

Have you tried node-red-contrib-alexa-home-skill ?

As it’s not trying to mimic a different device it shouldn’t have a set limit.

1 Like

I second this. It does require a cloud-tied service, but so does alexa's voice processing itself. It's also the only alexa integration I've seen that's able to send color data (queries like "Alexa: turn the living room blue." or "Alexa, set the kitchen to daylight.")

yes, but unfortunately node-red-contrib-alexa-home-skill does not support the echo 3 / spot sold in Italy

Are you saying it doesn’t support Italian as a language or that you think it doesn’t support the hardware?

There are other threads where people say they are running it with gen 3 of the spot.

If you mean it is not available in Italy that will be because to publish it it needs a paragraph to be translated. If you look at this closed issue to get the spanish added you will see the paragraph that is needed. https://github.com/hardillb/node-red-contrib-alexa-home-skill/issues/45

If you open a new issue and translate the text, the author can then submit it to amazon to enable all Node-RED users in Italy to use the skill (it takes amazon about a month to approve it).

Actually it has already been translated into Italian, https://github.com/hardillb/node-red-contrib-alexa-home-skill/issues/43 so the skill should be available in Italy.

So it should be working. What problems are you having?

The problem is hardware all alexa contrib are compatible only with the echo 2 , you could circumvent the problem by recognizing the devices to an echo 2 but in Italy do not exist, amazon sells only the echo 3

Wait really? I've had it working fine with a Show gen2 which should be even newer isn't it?

I'don't know , I have 4 echo 3 and an eco spot, no one works

How far into the process do you get before you encounter unexpected operation?

simply when you start the search for devices from both app and echo does not find any device

the node-red-contrib-wemo-emulator works fine but only find 14 device

For sake of completeness in troubleshooting the chain, you've also already done the following?:

(MOST IMPORTANT FOR DISCOVERY) Be sure the "Node-RED" skill is installed in the alexa app and verify that it is linked to the account you signed up for in step 1.

(Please do not interpret this as an attempt to condescend. The contrib-alexa-home-skill plugin is complex to configure compared to most other nodes and those are the commonly missed steps.)

There are also people on the slack channel who specifically mention that they have it working on a gen3 device

I will follow it step by step, in fact, not understanding what the problem I found reading on the internet that was not compatible with my devices, at least this until last month, I do not know if now it has been updated and has become compativile with the echo 3 (or spot) in case I try to re-install it

I tried it with only one device and it seems to work perfectly, tomorrow I'll try it with all the devices

Ciao fzr91 non ho ben capito quale e il tuo problema. io utilizzo tranquillamente le skill di alexa
per accendere spegne abilitare impostare ecc luci e quant'altro senza problemi.