Alexa 'On Device Activity' not working

Is anyone else having a problem with Alexa 'On Device Activity' not working today (30/Aug/2023)?

I've swapped over to 'node-red-contrib-alexa-remote2-applestrudel' to see if the version I was using was the problem. No difference - the node says it is listening but doesn't react to my verbal commands.

Just checked and yep - looks like it stopped working just before midnight :frowning:

I can still make my Echo's speak but that's the only thing that is working

Hi Simon - thanks for your response. It's reassuring to know it's not my setup that is "playing-up".

Like you, I can make my Echo's speak. It's the 'Device Activity' that's not working (hiss, boo).

1 Like

I also send text to mine using Routine Text Command and that's not working either (CORRECTON - it is working PEBKAC)

I've raised issues on applestrudel and remote2 repostires on GitHub

1 Like

Ummm - that's strange. I can send a text string to mine and it/they "speak" the words fine, in fact every morning I send a customised weather report to the Alexa in my bedroom - works fine.

To clarify - I use 3 modes

Listening to whatever is said to Alexa - not working
Making an Echo speak - working
Sending text command to an Echo instead of verbally speaking - not working either (CORRECTION it is working PEBKAC)

1 Like

I just tested and it OK for me ?

I hate it when something doesn't fail for everyone!

Would you mind stopping/starting NR and see if it still works?

You want me to try and break it :scream:

Will do :joy:

1 Like

Works for me, and I restarted NR twice today.

But like for you, events aren't happening. Latest version, etc.

I'm a bit confused by your two posts - the 1st one says it working but your second implies it's not?

Great mine is broken now - Thanks :skull_and_crossbones: :skull_and_crossbones: :skull_and_crossbones:

3 Likes

I guess the issue shows iteself when the account node is initialised then. Hence some people working some not.

2 Likes

Very sorry :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

2 Likes

Added a comment to the original issue #138 and copied in Apollon77 bbindreiter

#138 was last months issue - I feel this is a new one

2 Likes

Correction - my send text command to an Echo device is still working :slight_smile:

I forgot that it doesn't work if I try it out straight away after restarting NR (issue with my flow logic)

i have the same problem here! Its begins midnight! I'm from Brasil

1 Like

same here!