[Announce] Dashboard 3.1.0

Just a few tiny fixes and socket.io library update

Fixes

• Bump socket.io to 4.3.x
  • Remove ui_control messages weird feedback block (not sure why it was ever there... but no doubt someone will remind me, at which point I'll fix it again - but this time in a manner that doesn't break basic feedback)
  • Fix bad class field in text_input. PR #783 - see Dashboard Button Node - </>Class Field not working

As usual - don't forget to fully refresh your local browser cache on upgrading to ensure the latest code gets loaded.

3 Likes

Thanks for fixing this.

Mike

@dceejay , can you tell me where I can find the version of dashboard I am using?
I am trying to use ui_control to show and hide groups. But this doesn't seem te be working.
I used an example from here, where it says dashboard 2.9 or higher, but I can't seem to find the version.
Is there also a command to determine the version?

I am sorry, already found out, just realizing it was in the lib., now updating 3.04 to 3.11.
But question remains, is there a command to determine version?

gr.
Henk

You can see it in Manage Palette in the editor, or, via the command line, in the .node-red folder you can run npm list node-red-dashboard.
Also when you start node-red it appears in the log.

@Colin , indeed manage pallet I already discovered.

I used you suggestion and got this.
afbeelding

I already have made a software table in dashboard and I want to add dashboard version too.
afbeelding

But how can I give command included with this path in "exec node"?

run an exec that takes the first level dashboard package --depth=0 (no need to get the dependancy packages)

cd /home/pi/.node-red && npm list node-red-dashboard --depth=0

then with a Function node split and clean up the string and get the version

msg.payload = msg.payload.split("@")[2].trim()
return msg;
1 Like

@UnborN , that was a complete solution. thanks very much. Great!!!
@Colin, also thanks for your help.....again.::slight_smile:

The reason it appears twice is, I think, that both ui-led and ui-table have it as a dependency. The deduped comment means there is actually only one installed.

@Colin, thanks. :+1:

It also gets logged when you start Node-RED

Welcome to Node-RED
===================

14 Nov 18:19:41 - [info] Node-RED version: v2.1.3
14 Nov 18:19:41 - [info] Node.js  version: v14.18.1
14 Nov 18:19:41 - [info] Darwin 20.6.0 x64 LE
14 Nov 18:19:41 - [info] Loading palette nodes
14 Nov 18:19:44 - [info] Worldmap version 2.21.5
14 Nov 18:19:44 - [info] Dashboard version 3.1.2 started at /ui

@dceejay , yes indeed. I overlooked that one. Thanks.

I think I did mention that in my earlier post.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.