[Announce] Dashboard version 2.12.0

I have pushed version 2.12.0 of Dashboard to npm - as usual don't forget to flush your browser caches to ensure you get the latest updates loaded.

Enhancements

• Introduce concept of spacer nodes in groups to allow more widget layout options
    • Within a group this allows you to position widgets with a bit more flexibility. They are still on the defined grid. The spacers can also be resized. They are not nodes in the palette - but can be added via the dashboard side menu at the group level.

Fixes

• Set order value correctly for newly added ui nodes
  • hopefully this will stop things moving around randomly which has been seen on occasions.
  • Let ui_text node handle buffers without mangling to utf8
  • Fix ui_template info odd/even example to work again (after theme changes)
  • Ensure colour picker retains old value on multiple reloads when in dynamic mode - Issue #452
  • Fix missing page titles (mea culpa) - Issue #453
  • apologies - I dropped the titles when adding the permanent sidebar capability in 2.11. Now restored.
4 Likes

I need to install a specific release of the dashboard ie 2.9.8 , I guess i need to

cd ~/.node-red
npm uninstall node-red-dashboard

then re install it but what is the syntax to get release 2.9.8 is it as simple as

npm install node-red-dashboard 2.9.8

npm i node-red-dashboard@2.9.8

OK thank you very much

Hello

When I change the size of the spacer, the browser freezes ( CHROME) any suggestion?

JLG

What version of Chrome?

Do you see any messages in the Developer Console (In Chrome)

I could reproduce the issue . After adding the spacer it is not possible to deploy the flow.

It happens in Chrome (71.0.3578.80 ) as well as in Micrsofot Edge ( 42.17134.1.0).

My configuration for the testing:

8 Dec 23:37:16 - [info] Node-RED version: v0.20.0-beta.2
8 Dec 23:37:16 - [info] Node.js version: v8.11.3
8 Dec 23:37:16 - [info] Linux 3.10.80-121 arm LE

8 Dec 23:37:22 - [info] Dashboard version 2.12.0 started at /ui

Add: running Node-RED in an ODROID board but acessing remotely from a windows10 laptop.

And also freezes FireFox 65

Vivaldi latest (based on Chromium) on W10 with Node.JS v8 and Node-RED 0.20.0-beta.2.

Adding a spacer, reordering in the sidebar and deploying gives this in the browser console:

Resizing the spacer and pressing "Done" (not deployed yet) produces:

which hangs the browser.

Interestingly, when I reloaded the admin interface, the spacer had disappeared even though it had previously been deployed.

In fact, it seems clear that doing a "Modified Nodes" deploy doesn't actually deploy the spacer. Trying a full deploy doesn't actually work at all, you get the first error shown above and Node-RED does not stop and restart the nodes.

Also, is it possible to bring JQuery v1 and JQuery_UI v1 up to their latest versions?

This is Dashboard.... it already uses jquery 3.3.1 (and doesn't use jquery_ui)

Oops, sorry, it was the admin ui that reported old versions of JQuery & JQuery_UI in use - my bad. Both versions have some serious security issues that wouldn't be good for folk exposing their admin UI's to the web.

Actually, I wonder if that might even come from an installed node?

Thanks all - wrinkle squashed ... now v2.12.1 of course ....