Dashboard has stopped working

(I really don't like trying to update machines)

NR 2.0.5
Raspi (Jessie) (Yes, another one)
Raspi 2 Model B Rev 1.1

node -v == 10.23.0

I'm guessing it needs to be NR version 1.2x....
and node -v should be 8.17

This is what the edit screen shows me.

Note the ping and scan frequency nodes.

When looking at the log I see this:

Starting as a systemd service.
Started Node-RED graphical event wiring tool.
15 Aug 21:03:46 - [info]
Welcome to Node-RED
===================
15 Aug 21:03:46 - [info] Node-RED version: v2.0.5
15 Aug 21:03:46 - [info] Node.js  version: v10.23.0
15 Aug 21:03:46 - [info] Linux 4.9.35-v7+ arm LE
15 Aug 21:03:48 - [info] Loading palette nodes
15 Aug 21:03:59 - [info] UI started at /ui
15 Aug 21:04:00 - [info] Dashboard version 2.30.0 started at /ui
15 Aug 21:04:01 - [warn] ------------------------------------------------------
15 Aug 21:04:01 - [warn] [node-red-node-rbe/rbe] 'rbe' already registered by module node-red
15 Aug 21:04:01 - [warn] [node-red-dashboard/ui_button] 'ui_button' already registered by module node-red-contrib-ui
15 Aug 21:04:02 - [warn] [node-red-dashboard/ui_switch] 'ui_switch' already registered by module node-red-contrib-ui
15 Aug 21:04:02 - [warn] [node-red-dashboard/ui_slider] 'ui_slider' already registered by module node-red-contrib-ui
15 Aug 21:04:02 - [warn] [node-red-dashboard/ui_numeric] 'ui_numeric' already registered by module node-red-contrib-ui
15 Aug 21:04:02 - [warn] [node-red-dashboard/ui_text_input] 'ui_text_input' already registered by module node-red-contrib-ui
15 Aug 21:04:02 - [warn] [node-red-dashboard/ui_text] 'ui_text' already registered by module node-red-contrib-ui
15 Aug 21:04:02 - [warn] [node-red-dashboard/ui_gauge] 'ui_gauge' already registered by module node-red-contrib-ui
15 Aug 21:04:02 - [warn] [node-red-dashboard/ui_chart] 'ui_chart' already registered by module node-red-contrib-ui
15 Aug 21:04:02 - [warn] [node-red-dashboard/ui_toast] 'ui_toast' already registered by module node-red-contrib-ui
15 Aug 21:04:02 - [warn] [node-red-dashboard/ui_template] 'ui_template' already registered by module node-red-contrib-ui
15 Aug 21:04:02 - [warn] [node-red-dashboard/ui_link] 'ui_link' already registered by module node-red-contrib-ui
15 Aug 21:04:02 - [warn] [node-red-dashboard/ui_tab] 'ui_tab' already registered by module node-red-contrib-ui
15 Aug 21:04:02 - [warn] [node-red-contrib-filter-else/filter-filename] 'filter' already registered by module node-red-contrib-filter
15 Aug 21:04:02 - [warn] [node-red-node-sqlite/sqlite] Error: Cannot find module '/home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/sqlite3/lib/binding/node-v64-linux-arm/node_sqlite3.node' (line:5)

So somehow it seems the ui_ have intercepted the dashboard ones.

This is a different machine to the ones of which I was asking earlier.

I'm stuck what to do.

I've tried a couple of things, but they don't seem to work.

It may or may not be the reason but node v12 is the minimum supported version for node-red v2.x

How did you manage to install node-red 2 anyhow? The proper script insists on node V12 or greater.

Ok, thanks.

So some how I've got into this scenario.

How do I get the node back to the earlier version and node-red back to 1.2.x?

In answer to your last question: Dunno. That's what I see when I ask for the version on the NR edit page.

Why, you might as well push forward now.

Use the official installer script and --node14 and get up to date...

bash <(curl -sL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/node-red/linux-installers/master/deb/update-nodejs-and-nodered) --node14

1 Like

Trying it now.

So that is what I could do on the other ones I mentioned earlier on - yes?

Yes (after SD clone of course)

Ah, all these fun things to do.

Oh, sorry to digress: the backing up of the SD cards.... I was only going to make an ISO image of them. Kinda hard to check if it works, as it will be on a windows PC as an ISO.

(Sorry, trying to make chit chat while the command is running.)

{{Thanks}}

It worked!

Dashboard loaded and GUI working.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.