[ANNOUNCE] node-red-contrib-blockly version 2.4.0

Hi folks,

Version 2.4.0 of the node-red-contrib-blockly is available in the palette :partying_face: :champagne: :clinking_glasses:

This version contains the following changes:

1. New block to convert a buffer to a list:

2. New block to convert a list to a buffer:

3. Copy-paste blocks between Blockly nodes:

copy_paste_blocks

Thanks to @cymplecy for testing this release, and implementing the 2 new blocks! Believe it or not but he managed to do that using 100% javascript, so without using Blockly nodes :yum:

And also thanks to the charming ladies of the Blockly team at Google to assist me to get the plugin-cross-tab-copy-paste up and running in Node-RED!

Have fun with this,
Bart

3 Likes

And here's what the new buffer <> list blocks look like

demonstrating that we can now easily use the more comprehesive list blocks to manipulate data and then convert back (if required)

[edit}Will come in vey useful in my MQTT broker project :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The ability to copy / paste blocks from one node to another will revolutionise the use of Blockly :slight_smile:

As it means we can construct useful functions and just copy/paste them into a node whenever they are needed.

Now, I know what all you function node people are saying - how come its taken so long!

Just to say, stuff like this wasn't considered important when it was just kids writing little games using Scratch and it's taken a while before its made it to the top of the ToDo list :slight_smile:

But I'm VERY happy its now here :slight_smile:

1 Like