[ANNOUNCE] node-red-contrib-rfxcom updated

Version 2.5.0 adds support for thermostatic radiator valves, thermostats, boiler controls, and stoves. The RFXtrx433 doesn’t actually support very many of these, but all the ones that it does, are supported by the new rfx-trv-out & rfx-heat-out nodes.

By popular demand, new version 2.10.0 adds node rfx-fan-out to control ceiling fans, cooker hoods, extractors & ventilators. rfx-lights-out has been updated to support controlling lights on those fan devices (mainly cooker hoods) that support them.

Max

2 Likes

New version 2.11.0:

• Fixes a bug where the topic in messages from rfx-blinds-in could be malformed
  • Adds support in rfx-fan-out for additional speed control commands for Lucci Air DC fans. The speed can now be set directly in the range 1 to 6.
  • Adds Mertik G6R-H4TD (DRU) run-up and run-down commands in rfx-heat-out
3 Likes

Good to hear from you Max & many thanks for continuing to maintain the RFX node.

Hi Julian! I've been quiet on here recently, since most support requests now come in as issues on GitHub. However I do monitor the forum from time to time.

Most of the work now is bug-fixing, and keeping current with new releases of the RFXCOM firmware, so it isn't too time consuming. Which is just as well.

2 Likes

I don't get much time myself at the moment for the forum nor for developing my nodes.

Still using yours though even though I don't really ever update the firmware in my RFX device - think I last did that a couple of years ago now. It works so well that I don't have to touch it at all.

You certainly enabled me to get into IoT at a reasonable cost before the ESP devices came onto the market so many thanks for that :smile:

Bug-fix version 2.11.1:

• In rfx-lights-out, LIVOLO and LEGRAND toggle commands were not being sent (since 2.10.0), this is now fixed

• For all output nodes, the help text includes a list of all the device types (first part of the topic) supported by the node.

Just updated my system to v2.11.1 but I can't get it to work. I've tried deleting the folder and fully reinstalling too.

I get this error:

Jul 25 20:36:10 pi2 NRlive[24301]: 25 Jul 20:36:10 - [warn] ------------------------------------------------------
Jul 25 20:36:10 pi2 NRlive[24301]: 25 Jul 20:36:10 - [warn] [node-red-contrib-rfxcom/rfxcom] SyntaxError: Unexpected token =
Jul 25 20:36:10 pi2 NRlive[24301]: 25 Jul 20:36:10 - [warn] ------------------------------------------------------

Julian - you aren't the only one. See Failure after upgrading to 2.11.1, however I am unable to duplicate the fault here. Which versions of everything are you using?

Max

Jul 25 21:30:51 pi2 NRlive[31758]: 25 Jul 21:30:51 - [info] Node-RED version: v1.0.6
Jul 25 21:30:51 pi2 NRlive[31758]: 25 Jul 21:30:51 - [info] Node.js  version: v10.21.0
Jul 25 21:30:51 pi2 NRlive[31758]: 25 Jul 21:30:51 - [info] Linux 4.9.35-v7+ arm LE

I've tried rfxcom v2.11.1 and v2.11.0, now trying to go back to v2.10.0

It is a Pi running Raspbian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie)

Oh oh - v2.10.0 doesn't work either now. Going to delete the folder and reinstall.

Oh, heck. Now I have a real problem because even a complete rebuild still doesn't work and that means that all of our automated lights are now stuck at whatever setting they were last.

I've had to remove all rfx nodes just to keep NR running. Even with no rfx nodes deployed, the error still exists.

Urg, well that forced me to move my RFXtrx433e to the new home server in a hurry!

Working fine on that server (NR v1.1.2, node.js 12.18.3, Debian Buster) but not working at all on the Pi2.

I had to quickly set up data exchange using MQTT so that the old Pi2 flows still work but the input and output now happens via the new server. I will now be able to move those flows over bit by bit which I'd been putting off for ages since the old flows are a bit of a mess. They work but they've evolved over time so use a mix of techniques and nodes that can now be greatly simplified.

Out with the slightly strange schedules that have occasional odd effects that have never been bad enough to warrant major rework and in with CRON+ based schedules.

I have a feeling it's a bug in NodeJS v10.* as I have been unable to duplicate with version 12.*

Currently firing up a Raspberry Pi I haven't touched in years to try under Linux and with Node 10 (I found the installed version is currently 4.8.2!!). However, I may run out of time as I have a busy schedule today

Well, I've worked round it myself so no hurry from my perspective.

Well that was entertaining! The JavaScript code that caused the trouble was the use of a synonym to provide backward compatibility for a now-deprecated function. It seems the NodeJS v10 compiler didn't like this, but instead of complaining at the point of occurrence, gave an incorrect error message several levels up the 'require' stack!

I've changed the code (in the rfxcom package) to use a call-through function rather than a synonym, which seems to work OK. I think this bug only occurs on Linux, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, please upgrade to version 2.11.2 as soon as is convenient.

2 Likes

Just published bug-fix version 2.11.3 - it updates all remaining icons to FontAwesome, corrects the MCZ stove command documentation, and re-instates the missing delete function in the PT2262 devices dialog (broken by a earlier update to Node-RED)

2 Likes

I have just published version 2.12.0 This adds, by popular request, a new rfx-raw-out node and also has a number of improvements and changes to rfx-blinds-out including the unit number for the BLINDS_T11 type.

There are a few more changes coming soon, currently waiting for new hardware from RFXCOM

2 Likes

Just don't break the code for my old faithful RFXtrx433e Max! :grin:

Don't worry - I still test using the original RFXtrx433 non-E version when there is any doubt. The new RFX hardware has much more flash memory, so one build of the firmware supports all protocols. Also, the actual RF hardware is interchangeable, so I will be able to swap between 433MHz & 868MHz. An increasing number of protocols are 868MHz only now.

1 Like

Hmm - it looks like BLINDS_T11 receive isn't quite right yet. Bother!

Version 2.12.1 published: rfx-blinds-in should now include the unit code in the message topic when a BLINDS_T11 command is received.

1 Like