Node-RED is great and I use for my smart home. However, the lacking of mobile app is a big minus, and most of people like to use Home Assisstant for its mobile support
I decide to develope a mobile app for Node RED, support Dashboard and Admin. My app now work with these feature
UPDATE information 18 October, 0.0.2 release
Editor mode: Click and edit ui node directly on dashboard. Note: To use this feature, you need to pull latest
node-red-dashboardsource code and copy the content of pull folder to replace code in module node-red-dashboard (mean
distand other files). @dceejay are working to implement some features for editor and not yet in NPM
- Add button to Admin to quickly edit, copy delete node property, show left, right panel, re-arrange and tweak layout for mobile (show UI on some editor not fit to mobile)
- Location tracking, send to app, user can config a node to get current location from phone for running a script (like turn on light when come home. Location watch
Features from previous build
- Config and save username, password for Dashboard, Admin. Note: Must change Dashboard login from basic authentication to middleware authentication
- Auto login Dashboard, Admin. Add home button to make mobile feel. So when in Dashboard or Admin, click Home button to back to App Home
- Build and test running on both IOS and Android
- WYSIWYG dashboard editor (prototype and design work now)
- Tweak button to be more mobile friendly
- Push notifications
- Add RTSP camera support (using vlcLib) to stream video directly from camera to app without streaming server
Currently, I am open to any idea and tester.
- Android: Visit https://github.com/linhtranvu/node-red-app/releases to download release
- IOS: Please drop me your UDID for adhoc install .
Hope this app could fulfill a big gap of Node-RED.
Main screen, dashboard, configuration
Admin editor with button, easy to access and edit node
Location tracking: Button to create location node, test location