[Bug]Import into current flow doesn't seem to work

Tested on my Win10 and a Pi

Trying to import this into current flow

[{"id":"a8c74407.ec8b58","type":"tab","label":"Flow 2","disabled":false,"info":""},{"id":"d5fe1576.59f688","type":"file in","z":"a8c74407.ec8b58","name":"","filename":"/Users/Paul/test.txt","format":"lines","chunk":false,"sendError":false,"encoding":"none","x":390,"y":860,"wires":[["cf302004.413cd8"]]},{"id":"aaf27b4b.03a708","type":"inject","z":"a8c74407.ec8b58","name":"","topic":"test out","payload":"","payloadType":"date","repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"x":170,"y":860,"wires":[["d5fe1576.59f688"]]},{"id":"cf302004.413cd8","type":"debug","z":"a8c74407.ec8b58","name":"","active":true,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":false,"complete":"true","targetType":"full","x":570,"y":860,"wires":[]}]

It works fine. It is importing right to where it was when the export was done. (My Bad) should have moved the flow to the top of the tab before exporting.

Import into current flow :slight_smile:

As I See how it works, if you select some nodes and export them using the 'Selected Nodes' option, when you import they show up in the current tab 'floating' and you can move them where you want.

If you do an export using the 'current flow' option, on import the flow is imported to a new tab using the exact positioning of the nodes as it was when exported.

If you think about it for a minute, if someone exports their entire flow of say 20 tabs, would you really want them all imported to one tab.

Well - I've NEVER seen someone export more than one tab onto the forum :slight_smile:

But (while waiting for The Gods Themselves to weigh in)

Assuming just one tab or part selection is exported - I'd expect the current flow/new flow flag to be recognised and used.

But I can see a case for ignoring if importing a whole tab (but user can just undo and go again if it overwhelms current tab)

If someone had exported more than 1 tab - then adding the exported tabs to any existing ones seems a reasonable approach

Ahh - maybe a feature request would be to modify imported node co-ords so that it appears top right

But what if the current tab already has flows in it? Do you want to import the new nodes ontop of the existing ones? (granted they would be selected and could b moved it you don't clicktivists the mouse)

Well - I've NEVER seen someone export more than one tab onto the forum

Ever import any of the flows from the 'Share Your Projects' category??

I think that's the whole point of having the option isn't it - to add flows to an existing tab :slight_smile:

Maybe its just me thinking about this wrongly?

It will be interesting to see what others have to say :grin:

currently loading older versions to see if its a bug or a feature :slight_smile:

mm - does the same on 0.20.8 :frowning:

and 0.19.0 so its been like this for quite a while

Maybe I should change this from bug to feature request :slight_smile:

1 Like

top right.... ??? it's 5000px wide.. be careful what you wish for if you want to make it a feature request... :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think that 'right' means 'correct side' :rofl: