Build custom node with complex React UI in edit mode

Hi all,

I wanted to check if this is at all doable in any good fashion. The need is to have a very complex UI for editing a template, think report designer in complexity. This can't be on the dashboard, but when editing the flow and the node.

React is the library of choice. Feedback on how to possibly get a good start or shoot the whole idea down, any input is appreciated!

Cheers,
Johan

1 Like

This kind of thing has been looked at by a few people and I think someone even built a proof of concept.

But as you can imagine, it is a fairly mammoth task. If you are lucky, there will be a 3rd-party tool already knocking around for doing the ui building part then that "only" leaves you with the task of integrating it to Node-RED.

I've looked at this on and off for use with uibuilder because, of course, building the template is only 1/2 the job, you also need to serve it up in a meaningful way and presumably you also want communications to/from Node-RED.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.