Camera in node-RED

Hello everyone. I would like to use my camera that already works in HA on the ffmpeg platform, I have a view from this camera via rtsp. I want to make a mike that if the state of a sensor changes (on, off), the image from the camera will be on the entire screen (if the entity is on, but if it is off, the image will return to its normal size) I do not know what I can use noda to connect this camera with this sensor (entity), you may have some ideas :). Maybe I will show what I am pictured. I have a normal preview

eee

and when the sensor state (the entity changes, for example, to on), I would like the image to be on the entire screen, i.e. like this

similarly, when the state of the entity is off, the image returns to its normal size

Hi @andrzejo4,
It is not clear to me which things you are doing in HomeAssistant and which in Node-RED:

1. Where do you capture the rtsp stream via ffmpeg?
  2. Where do you display your video streams.

Bart

I added the camera to the configuration file this way

camera:

• platform: ffmpeg
    input: rtsp: //*************: 8899 / user = ****** _ password = ****** _ channel = 1_stream = 0.sdp? real_stream
    and I display the image from the camera on the main Home Asistant screen as in the picture (I added a card).

and when it comes to node red, I mean something like in the picture

i.e. there is a sensor that changes the state to on or off, then the message goes to the switch and there it is redirected to the appropriate output, e.g. if the state of the entity is on, then the message goes to the function node and the service node and I would like the camera image to be enlarged over the entire screen like here

Ok thanks. So summarized:

1. To capture the rtsp stream from your camera you use the ffmpeg platform
  2. To show the camera you use a card in your screen.

So - unless I have misunderstood something - this is 100% HomeAssistant without Node-RED? And now you want to read a sensor, and - when it detects a problem - you want to show your camera image full screen in HomeAssistant?

It seems to me that this is a pure HomeAssistant question, and I would advise you to ask your question in the HomeAssistant forum...

ok I'll show you what I mean

i.e. I have a gate sensor that changes the state to on or off. If she is he then the message goes to swith and tts gogle. I would like to try the voice message, the image from the camera will increase. I was just thinking about some kind of node that controls the camera something like that

Well there are several nodes to deal with camera's (node-red-contrib-ffmpeg-spawn, node-red-contrib-onvif-nodes ...). You can use those nodes to send commands to your camera. So you could e.g. send a command to your camera to get images with a higher resolution.

But I assume that is not what you want? Instead of controlling your camera, you are searching for a node that can ask HomeAssistant to show the image fullscreen on your Windows computer. HomeAssistant needs to do the fullscreen stuff, because you use HomeAssistant to display the images (instead of using the Node-RED dashboard). Don't hesitate to correct me!

You're right, I don't want to control the camera but display the image from the camera to the full screen, i.e. I have a gate sensor as it changes its state to on, i.e. the gate is open, the image should be displayed on the entire monitor when the entity is off, the image returns to its resolution. So I posted a section from node reda, i.e. the sensor showed that the gate is open, the message goes to the swith, then it is redirected to the google ttsa and to the camera (image enlargement) and vice versa, as the sensor is off. Home Asistant is installed on a machine that is debian, not wimdows

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.