Can Node-RED be deployed on Netlify?

I cloned the Node-RED repo and pointed Netlify to that repo.
My build command in Netlify is:

npm install; npm run build

And I don't have a deploy directory specified, should I?

After the build, I just get a 404 when trying to go to the site. I'm wondering if this is because Node-Red was built but isn't running (I can't include npm start in the build command because it never finishes) or maybe because the port number is 8080.

I've only used Netlify for my blog which uses Hugo so Netlify rebuilds the site everytime I push an update to GitLab (Unlike GitHub, GitLab lets me have a free private repo).

So I'm not sure that they support running microservices like Node-RED. They have a forum though so probably best to start there.

Julian, I think that private repo's are now available on GitHub for free.

Yep!
github

Oooh, I didn't know that! Thanks for the heads-up. I'll have to give that a go.

Not really. It is Invite only.

If you have an account, you should have access:

Hello! We’re glad you’re here, and we want to make sure that your experience using Netlify is a good one. Our docs are a great place for most answers, but if you can’t find your answer there, try the Netlify Community!

Accounts with an upgraded support add-on have access to private support with guaranteed response times. To learn more about the types of questions and configurations we can help with, refer to our Scope of Support.

Ah, OK, so the forums are being revamped right now and will be back in operation at the "beginning of April".

However, just drop them a support request or hit them up on Twitter, I've found them to be very responsive.