Can you use Node Red offline?

I want to program a dashboard for a machine to display various Values and buttons. Now my question is when I'm done with the code can I use it offline or do I need an internet connection? Ps.: I use a Raspberry Pi 4B

If the Node-Red instance is also running locally, in the same network as the Dashboard Users and the sensors you read the values from, like when being installed on the RPi, then no, you do not need an internet connection.

In my case I have the Raspberry and a Display. The display shows the dashboard where you can control stepper motors at the touch of a button. So this also works offline. Did I understand that correctly?

Yes, that is correct.

Thank you

...as a side note, that dashboard is shown via a browser session (although running on the local Display of the RPi where also Node Red is running on, this is a network connection).Hence you would want to use some kind of kiosk mode, maybe. This is in order to prevent users from closing the browser session or browse away from the dashboard (intentionally or unintentionally).

what is kiosk mode? Once I have it and have opened the dashboard, can I use it without internet or do I still need a connection?

Yes, you should be able to use that without internet as well. The feature of a kiosk mode is this: https://www.raspberrypi.com/tutorials/how-to-use-a-raspberry-pi-in-kiosk-mode/