I get an error.

This is the tail of the error:

24 silly saveTree │   ├── formidable@1.2.1
24 silly saveTree │   ├── mime@1.6.0
24 silly saveTree │   └─┬ readable-stream@2.3.6
24 silly saveTree │     ├── process-nextick-args@2.0.0
24 silly saveTree │     └── string_decoder@1.1.1
24 silly saveTree └── when@3.7.8
25 verbose stack Error: /home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/node-red-contrib-pifacecad: Appears to be a git repo or submodule.
25 verbose stack     at /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/npm-install-checks/index.js:138:15
25 verbose stack     at callback (/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/graceful-fs/polyfills.js:295:20)
25 verbose stack     at FSReqWrap.oncomplete (fs.js:154:5)
26 verbose cwd /home/pi/.node-red
27 verbose Linux 4.9.35-v7+
28 verbose argv "/usr/bin/node" "/usr/bin/npm" "install" "--no-audit" "--no-update-notifier" "--save" "--save-prefix=\"~\"" "--production" "node-red-contrib-components@0.1.8"
29 verbose node v10.21.0
30 verbose npm  v6.14.4
31 error code EISGIT
32 error path /home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/node-red-contrib-pifacecad
33 error git /home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/node-red-contrib-pifacecad: Appears to be a git repo or submodule.
34 error git /home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/node-red-contrib-pifacecad
35 error git Refusing to remove it. Update manually,
35 error git or move it out of the way first.
36 verbose exit [ 1, true ]

Which is complaining about node_modules/node-red-contrib-pifacecad
Yeah, fair enough, but..... why when I am installing another node?

What do I need to do to fix it?
Sorry if this is an easy question. But I seem to be asking a lot of hard questions recently and have decided to try and go easy. :wink:

Because once you get into that state (with a .git folder in a module) then npm refuses to do anything. The solution is to first try
npm remove node-red-contrib-pifacecad
though I am nor sure if that will fix it. If not then remove the folder node-red-contrib-pifacecad.

But.... If I am using node-red-contrib-pifacecad that won't be a good thing to do.

(What am I missing re: removing the node?)

Did you install it using git? That is not a good thing to do, though I see that it suggests that on the node's page. You should install it using npm in the normal manner.
So I suggest removing it and then re-installing using npm.

AFAIK I did it through Node-Red.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.