Can't reinstall modules after a conflict

Hi, I imported to another platform a node red flow to avoid do mistakes (if I've not missed it, NR still not give the chance to "undo" something, and this for me is dangerous), well.. probably on that nwe platfor I've installed before "node red contrib homekit", I haven't noticed it and I've installed "node red contrib homekit-bridged", as result I have a conflict in palette. I've tried to uninstalle the bridge but uninstalltion hangs forever without results, then I've decided to remove with:
npm -g uninstall node-red-contrib-homekit-bridged
npm -g uninstall hap-nodejs
Now node red starts and run flows without errors but of course homekit still not working, files still in the modules folders, and I can't remove them in palette. Can't reinstall. WHat to do?
In consolle I've this:
Thanks a lot!

at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:93:5)
(Use node --trace-warnings ... to show where the warning was created)
(node:8752) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag --unhandled-rejections=strict (see Command-line options | Node.js v16.1.0 Documentation). (rejection id: 2)
(node:8752) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.

What sort of things do you want to undo? You can undo flow changes provided you have not closed the editor page (at least I think that is what is the limit).

How did you install the nodes?

You have uninstalled them globally, (-g) is that how you installed them? If not then to uninstall go to your .node-red folder (this is important) and run

npm uninstall node-red-contrib-homekit-bridged
npm uninstall hap-nodejs

then restart node-red.

I have just noticed you are using nodejs 16. That is currently not supported by node-red, you must remove that and go back to 12 or 14. After re-installing it go into your .node-red folder and run
npm rebuild
which will rebuild any installed nodes, if necessary, for the new version.

thank you for support. Omitting -g leaved me the chance to remove it with npm command, then in node red I've reinstalled it but I?m having lot of errors and those modules are not avtive yet. Ok but downloading nodejs it has versione 14.16.. why you tell 16? maybe I've to check for 14.14?

npm: '6.14.12',
ares: '1.16.1',
brotli: '1.0.9',
cldr: '37.0',
icu: '67.1',
llhttp: '2.1.3',
modules: '83',
napi: '7',
nghttp2: '1.41.0',
node: '14.16.1',
openssl: '1.1.1k',
tz: '2020a',
unicode: '13.0',
uv: '1.40.0',
v8: '8.4.371.19-node.18',
zlib: '1.2.11'

Sorry I don't understand what you are asking. Your error included the text "see [Command-line options | Node.js v16.1.0 Documentation](Command-line API | Node.js v21.5.0 Documentation" but perhaps that has just come from the link. If you already have 12 or 14 installed then that should be ok.

Did you remember to restart node-red? If yes then show us the startup log that you get when you start node-red in a terminal (that is the output with Welcome to Node Red in it).

Why have you posted a list of nodes?

I have the latest, which is 14.16.. I don't thin there is a version 16.. can you please check about it? Thanks
I have this: https://nodejs.org/dist/v14.16.1/node-v14.16.1-x64.msi

That should be fine.

You can see released versions here, 16 was was released 4 days ago, but is too new to be supported by node-red yet.

I have just looked up node-red-contrib-homekit and it has not been released for three years, so I think it quite likely that it is not compatible with current versions of nodejs. If you see errors from it in the terminal then that is probably the problem. You may have to find an alternative.

Luckly I've suceeded remove it, and now I?ve only the homekit-bridged installed, the one I need. But something goes wrong (( many errors like this:
08 May 18:17:02 NRCHKB-Error:HAPServiceNode [Riscaldamento Ripostiglio:72b46967.52d458] Host Node not found +0ms
(node:17808) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: Host Node not found
at preInit.configure (C:\Users\Admin.node-red\node_modules\node-red-contrib-homekit-bridged\build\lib\HAPServiceNode.js:90:23)
at preInit.init (C:\Users\Admin.node-red\node_modules\node-red-contrib-homekit-bridged\build\lib\HAPServiceNode.js:58:23)
at C:\Users\Admin.node-red\node_modules\node-red-contrib-homekit-bridged\build\lib\HAPServiceNode.js:48:18
(Use node --trace-warnings ... to show where the warning was created)

Please post the log starting from the beginning until after some of the errors. When pasting it in use the </> button at the top of the forum entry window and that will keep the log properly formatted.

By the way, when adding an issue to a node's github page you should provide a meaningful title. You would be advised to go back and edit it if you want the issue to be taken seriously there.

thank you for advice, I forgot to type it )
her eis the log, really big

Welcome to Node-RED
===================

8 May 18:47:36 - [info] Node-RED version: v1.3.2
8 May 18:47:36 - [info] Node.js  version: v14.16.1
8 May 18:47:36 - [info] Windows_NT 10.0.18363 x64 LE
8 May 18:47:37 - [info] Loading palette nodes
Initializing HAP-NodeJS v0.9.4...
8 May 18:47:39 - [info] Dashboard version 2.29.0 started at /ui
8 May 18:47:40 - [warn] rpi-gpio : Raspberry Pi specific node set inactive
8 May 18:47:40 - [info] Settings file  : C:\Users\Admin\.node-red\settings.js
8 May 18:47:40 - [info] Context store  : 'default' [module=memory]
8 May 18:47:40 - [info] User directory : \Users\Admin\.node-red
8 May 18:47:40 - [warn] Projects disabled : editorTheme.projects.enabled=false
8 May 18:47:40 - [info] Flows file     : \Users\Admin\.node-red\flows_Barabba.json
8 May 18:47:40 - [info] Server now running at http://127.0.0.1:1880/
8 May 18:47:40 - [warn]

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Your flow credentials file is encrypted using a system-generated key.

If the system-generated key is lost for any reason, your credentials
file will not be recoverable, you will have to delete it and re-enter
your credentials.

You should set your own key using the 'credentialSecret' option in
your settings file. Node-RED will then re-encrypt your credentials
file using your chosen key the next time you deploy a change.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

8 May 18:47:40 - [info] Starting flows
8 May 18:47:40 - [info] [tcp out:Dimmer WiFi Bridge] connecting to 192.168.1.254:8899
8 May 18:47:40 - [info] [tcp out:Denon Amplificatore] connecting to 192.168.1.252:23
8 May 18:47:40 - [warn] [telegram receiver:DomoticaFranco] bot not initialized
8 May 18:47:40 - [warn] [telegram sender:3da53184.215176] bot not initialized.
8 May 18:47:40 - [warn] [telegram receiver:d7403127.807068] bot not initialized
8 May 18:47:40 - [warn] [telegram receiver:b6e8dfcb.aee4d] bot not initialized
8 May 18:47:40 - [info] Started flows
08 May 18:47:40 NRCHKB-Error:HAPServiceNode [Soggiorno:5c218731.1ae9c8] Host Node not found +0ms
08 May 18:47:40 NRCHKB-Error:HAPServiceNode [Cucina:ee2f46b7.f7164] Host Node not found +0ms
08 May 18:47:40 NRCHKB-Error:HAPServiceNode [Caminetto:8a294b92.860eb8] Host Node not found +0ms
08 May 18:47:40 NRCHKB-Error:HAPServiceNode [Lampadario:3e981477.0ad3cc] Host Node not found +0ms
08 May 18:47:40 NRCHKB-Error:HAPServiceNode [Piantane:2afc38d.06807c8] Host Node not found +0ms
08 May 18:47:40 NRCHKB-Error:HAPServiceNode [Faretti:b42f81e8.77f818] Host Node not found +0ms
08 May 18:47:40 NRCHKB-Error:HAPServiceNode [Camera:d812be7e.4af7b] Host Node not found +0ms
08 May 18:47:40 NRCHKB-Error:HAPServiceNode [Quadro:9a8a29a1.2ed8b8] Host Node not found +0ms
08 May 18:47:40 NRCHKB-Error:HAPServiceNode [Soppalco:8b9d3673.12c638] Host Node not found +0ms
08 May 18:47:40 NRCHKB-Error:HAPServiceNode [Cameretta:3c5ab051.7babd] Host Node not found +0ms
08 May 18:47:40 NRCHKB-Error:HAPServiceNode [Specchio:f73424eb.b70a28] Host Node not found +0ms
08 May 18:47:40 NRCHKB-Error:HAPServiceNode [Bagno:5ea6d1ab.c5238] Host Node not found +0ms
08 May 18:47:40 NRCHKB-Error:HAPServiceNode [Pavimento:568b7086.6ab3f8] Host Node not found +0ms
08 May 18:47:40 NRCHKB-Error:HAPServiceNode [Corridoio:155ffdac.ae305a] Host Node not found +0ms
08 May 18:47:40 NRCHKB-Error:HAPServiceNode [Scrivania:5c76129c.46e5fc] Host Node not found +0ms
08 May 18:47:40 NRCHKB-Error:HAPServiceNode [Tapparelle Finestre:792f276c.293f78] Host Node not found +0ms
08 May 18:47:40 NRCHKB-Error:HAPServiceNode [Tapparelle Terrazza:b12835fd.3837b8] Host Node not found +0ms
08 May 18:47:40 NRCHKB-Error:HAPServiceNode [Tapparelle Bagno:ab453969.c3b56] Host Node not found +0ms
08 May 18:47:40 NRCHKB-Error:HAPServiceNode [Tende Camera:834e0df4.8d028] Host Node not found +0ms
08 May 18:47:40 NRCHKB-Error:HAPServiceNode [Tende Soggiorno:99594bfb.b04be8] Host Node not found +0ms
08 May 18:47:40 NRCHKB-Error:HAPServiceNode [Tende Terrazza:7fb2e260.ca243c] Host Node not found +0ms
08 May 18:47:40 NRCHKB-Error:HAPServiceNode [Ventilazione Bagno:a4b5e11b.a67fb8] Host Node not found +0ms
08 May 18:47:40 NRCHKB-Error:HAPServiceNode [Ventilazione Cucina:721753cb.12a4fc] Host Node not found +0ms
08 May 18:47:40 NRCHKB-Error:HAPServiceNode [Riscaldamento Bagno:8d5bb007.d46508] Host Node not found +0ms
08 May 18:47:40 NRCHKB-Error:HAPServiceNode [Riscaldamento Doccia:470f483a.7a3938] Host Node not found +0ms
08 May 18:47:40 NRCHKB-Error:HAPServiceNode [Riscaldamento Ingresso:a5df2cf5.459b] Host Node not found +0ms
08 May 18:47:40 NRCHKB-Error:HAPServiceNode [Riscaldamento Ripostiglio:72b46967.52d458] Host Node not found +0ms
(node:10444) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: Host Node not found
    at preInit.configure (C:\Users\Admin\.node-red\node_modules\node-red-contrib-homekit-bridged\build\lib\HAPServiceNode.js:90:23)
    at preInit.init (C:\Users\Admin\.node-red\node_modules\node-red-contrib-homekit-bridged\build\lib\HAPServiceNode.js:58:23)
    at C:\Users\Admin\.node-red\node_modules\node-red-contrib-homekit-bridged\build\lib\HAPServiceNode.js:48:18
(Use `node --trace-warnings ...` to show where the warning was created)
(node:10444) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejections=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 1)
(node:10444) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.
    at preInit.configure (C:\Users\Admin\.node-red\node_modules\node-red-contrib-homekit-bridged\build\lib\HAPServiceNode.js:90:23)
    at preInit.init (C:\Users\Admin\.node-red\node_modules\node-red-contrib-homekit-bridged\build\lib\HAPServiceNode.js:58:23)
    at C:\Users\Admin\.node-red\node_modules\node-red-contrib-homekit-bridged\build\lib\HAPServiceNode.js:48:18
(node:10444) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejections=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 2)
(node:10444) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejections=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 3)
(node:10444) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejections=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 4)
(node:10444) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejections=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 5)
(node:10444) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejections=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 6)
(node:10444) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejections=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 7)
(node:10444) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejections=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 8)
(node:10444) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejections=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 9)
(node:10444) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejections=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 10)
(node:10444) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejections=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 11)
(node:10444) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejections=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 12)
(node:10444) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejections=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 13)
(node:10444) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejections=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 14)
(node:10444) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejections=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 15)
(node:10444) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejections=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 16)
(node:10444) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejections=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 17)
(node:10444) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejections=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 18)
(node:10444) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejections=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 19)
(node:10444) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejections=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 20)
(node:10444) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejections=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 21)
(node:10444) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejections=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 22)
(node:10444) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejections=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 23)
(node:10444) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejections=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 24)
(node:10444) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejections=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 25)
(node:10444) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejections=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 26)
(node:10444) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejections=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 27)
8 May 18:47:40 - [info] [alexa-remote-account:27425a42.d0d0c6] intialising with the PROXY method and saved data...

OK, I can't glean anything from that, so I think you may have to wait for feedback on the issue you reported, in fact I see that there is feedback already.

Thank you Colin, really :slight_smile:
Yes they told it probably depends on WIndows compatibility... so there is nothing to do here now. Let's see, in case there is a solution I'll report here

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.