Node Red won't start issue with home-assistant websocket

Running (or trying to) Node Red version v1.1.2, node JS v 12.18.3, RPI 3+ home-assistant (Hassio) 0.113.3 on Tinkerboard

Log is;

(node:12484) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: TypeError: Cannot read property 'isConnected' of undefined
at TriggerState.get isIntegrationLoaded [as isIntegrationLoaded] (/home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket/lib/base-node.js:270:34)
at TriggerState.init (/home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket/lib/events-ha-node.js:43:18)
(node:12484) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag --unhandled-rejections=strict (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 23)
(node:12484) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: TypeError: Cannot read property 'isConnected' of undefined
at TriggerState.get isIntegrationLoaded [as isIntegrationLoaded] (/home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket/lib/base-node.js:270:34)
at TriggerState.init (/home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket/lib/events-ha-node.js:43:18)

I have tried the CLI flag suggested after node-red-start (not sure if that's right) but it hasn't work.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Glenn

The CLI flag is for node itself so the message is a bit misleading. With luck someone here can help but I'd suggest reporting this as an issue at https://github.com/zachowj/node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket or asking in the Home Assistant forum.

1 Like

Yep definitely raise it in the 3rd party forum on the HA forum - the author has a long thread and is very responsive.

Have you installed this to a standalone NR installation - or the integrated one with HACS ?

Craig

Thank you both,

I will take it up on Github.

There seems to be similar issues which I haven't looked into in great detail.

It's standalone, hence the websocket version.

Glenn

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.