The latest Node-Red 13.5.3 crashes in HomeAssistant

I have recently upgraded Node-Red to the current version13.5.3 on Home Assistant 2022.11.4
Supervisor 2022.11.2
Operating System 9.3
Frontend 20221108.0 - latest

Since upgrading to the latest version of Node-Red it fails to start the Node-Red process. All my automations are done using Node-Red. So it's frustrating as none of my automations are able to run.

In the Node-Red logs it mentions:
30 Nov 15:23:23 - [error] Error: Invalid access token for websocket
at /opt/node_modules/node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket/dist/homeAssistant/Websocket.js:112:29
at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:96:5)
at Websocket.connect (/opt/node_modules/node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket/dist/homeAssistant/Websocket.js:82:23)

REF:
Home Assistant 2022.11.4
Supervisor 2022.11.2
Operating System 9.3
Frontend 20221108.0 - latest

Node-RED
Current version: 13.5.3

Node-Red Log extraction:
Welcome to Node-RED

Node-RED version: v3.0.

30 Nov 15:23:23 - [error] [api-call-service:aeafaa54a5aad308] Error: Server config node not found
Error: Invalid access token for websocket
at /opt/node_modules/node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket/dist/homeAssistant/Websocket.js:112:29
at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:96:5)
at Websocket.connect (/opt/node_modules/node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket/dist/homeAssistant/Websocket.js:82:23)
WARNING: Node-RED crashed, halting add-on
INFO: Node-RED stopped, restarting...
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services: stopping
INFO: Node-RED stopped, restarting...
s6-svwait: fatal: supervisor died
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services successfully stopped
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init: stopping
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init successfully stopped
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs: stopping
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs successfully stopped
s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner: stopping
s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner successfully stopped

Any help would be appreciated as none of my automation work... so my Xmas lights don't work either... :face_holding_back_tears:

Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

Regards
Harry

Get rid of Home Assistant and do the job in a fresh Node-red installation, maybe on a different machine?

1 Like

This appears to be a Home Assistant issue. They package up node red for the plugin and we don't know what is in there. You are not the only one to have trouble with that version, see The latest NodeRed does not work on HomeAssistant

1 Like

I think @hdutoit knows about that thread! (Though they seem not to have learned from it)

Oh yes, so I see. Perhaps he/she has very poor short term memory.

Hi Colin,

Thank you for your speedy response. I would like to keep the solution I have purely due to time constraints..

Will look at running NodeRed on its own hardware platform in future.

Regards

Harry

Error: Invalid access token for websocket

By the looks of it the credentials were removed during upgrade/update.
Run node-red in safe mode, configure the credentials in the HA node(s) and deploy.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.