Why do I have to reload node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket every time node red is restarted

Hi ,

I've been running Home Assistant on a raspberry Pi for about 2 years with some problems , but I now have one which I cannot work out how to reolve .

I recently did some node package ugrades and now each time node red is restarted It comes up with an error that says "flows stopped due to missing node types" . And several of my nodes are labeled unknown with Red dotted links to other nodes . If I reinstall node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket ( 0.43.1) the problem is resolved , but this fix doesnt stick. If I restart again , the same problem occurs and the flows are broken until I reinstall node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket.

How does node red work out which node packages to load when it starts . I have checked packages.json and this references the version I have to keep installing .

{
"name": "node-red-project",
"description": "A Node-RED Project",
"version": "0.0.1",
"private": true,
"dependencies": {
"node-red-contrib-actionflows": "~2.1.2",
"node-red-contrib-alexa-local": "~0.3.24",
"node-red-contrib-bigtimer": "~2.8.1",
"node-red-contrib-bool-gate": "~1.0.2",
"node-red-contrib-boolean-logic-ultimate": "~1.0.51",
"node-red-contrib-fs-ops": "~1.6.0",
"node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket": "0.43.1",
"node-red-contrib-influxdb": "~0.6.1",
"node-red-contrib-interval-length": "0.0.5",
"node-red-dashboard": "~3.1.6",
"node-red-node-openweathermap": "~0.3.2",
"node-red-node-ping": "~0.3.1",
"node-red-node-random": "~0.4.0",
"node-red-node-rbe": "~0.5.0",
"node-red-node-serialport": "~1.0.1",
"node-red-node-tail": "~0.3.2",
"node-red-node-twitter": "~1.2.0"
}
}

What am I missing ?

This is something you will likely have to ask on the HA forum since node red is actually a plug-in installed by HA.

Under the hood, on HA, node red runs in a docker container and it is likely the data for that is not correctly mapped or persisted.

This is most likely not a node red issue but a docker/container/HA problem.

Thanks for the response , I think I just managed to find the cause , turned down the level of trace I had set and found the following :-

8 Apr 15:30:18 - [warn] [node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket] Node module cannot be loaded on this version. Requires: >=1.3.0

and assumming the 1.3.0 refers to the node red version , I appear to be running 1.2.7

8 Apr 15:30:14 - [info] Node-RED version: v1.2.7
8 Apr 15:30:14 - [info] Node.js version: v14.15.4
8 Apr 15:30:14 - [info] Linux 5.10.103-v7 arm LE

Hmm , seems to be a different version number in the Home Assistant Supervisor window (V 8.0.0 ) that must be the add on version ...?

Back track on the version of node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket or work out how to upgrade node red in Homeassistant to version 1.3.0

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.