Why do I have to reload node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket every time node red is restarted

Hi ,

I've been running Home Assistant on a raspberry Pi for about 2 years with some problems , but I now have one which I cannot work out how to reolve .

I recently did some node package ugrades and now each time node red is restarted It comes up with an error that says "flows stopped due to missing node types" . And several of my nodes are labeled unknown with Red dotted links to other nodes . If I reinstall node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket ( 0.43.1) the problem is resolved , but this fix doesnt stick. If I restart again , the same problem occurs and the flows are broken until I reinstall node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket.

How does node red work out which node packages to load when it starts . I have checked packages.json and this references the version I have to keep installing .

{
"name": "node-red-project",
"description": "A Node-RED Project",
"version": "0.0.1",
"private": true,
"dependencies": {
"node-red-contrib-actionflows": "~2.1.2",
"node-red-contrib-alexa-local": "~0.3.24",
"node-red-contrib-bigtimer": "~2.8.1",
"node-red-contrib-bool-gate": "~1.0.2",
"node-red-contrib-boolean-logic-ultimate": "~1.0.51",
"node-red-contrib-fs-ops": "~1.6.0",
"node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket": "0.43.1",
"node-red-contrib-influxdb": "~0.6.1",
"node-red-contrib-interval-length": "0.0.5",
"node-red-dashboard": "~3.1.6",
"node-red-node-openweathermap": "~0.3.2",
"node-red-node-ping": "~0.3.1",
"node-red-node-random": "~0.4.0",
"node-red-node-rbe": "~0.5.0",
"node-red-node-serialport": "~1.0.1",
"node-red-node-tail": "~0.3.2",
"node-red-node-twitter": "~1.2.0"
}
}

What am I missing ?

This is something you will likely have to ask on the HA forum since node red is actually a plug-in installed by HA.

Under the hood, on HA, node red runs in a docker container and it is likely the data for that is not correctly mapped or persisted.

This is most likely not a node red issue but a docker/container/HA problem.

Thanks for the response , I think I just managed to find the cause , turned down the level of trace I had set and found the following :-

8 Apr 15:30:18 - [warn] [node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket] Node module cannot be loaded on this version. Requires: >=1.3.0

and assumming the 1.3.0 refers to the node red version , I appear to be running 1.2.7

8 Apr 15:30:14 - [info] Node-RED version: v1.2.7
8 Apr 15:30:14 - [info] Node.js version: v14.15.4
8 Apr 15:30:14 - [info] Linux 5.10.103-v7 arm LE

Hmm , seems to be a different version number in the Home Assistant Supervisor window (V 8.0.0 ) that must be the add on version ...?

Back track on the version of node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket or work out how to upgrade node red in Homeassistant to version 1.3.0