Communicating to BLE device and node-red

I have been using raspberry pi and node-red for a while now and was considering to use my raspberry pi zero w as a hotspot to communicate with my polar heart rate monitor to display the information.

I have played a bit with gatt but don't seem to get a grip on it. Can anyone please point me towards a tutorial that I can follow along step by step to understand it?

I have used MQTT and I assume gatt works in a similar way or server and client communication?

Much appreciated and looking forward to starting this exciting project and learning more useful functionalities

Hello and welcome to the Node-Red forum.

However, as your question doesn't seem to have much to do with Node-Red (at least yet), I recommend starting with this.

As well as using the forum search option for keywords like GATT as there seems to be a few posts about it.

Did you check Node-RED flows library for BLE nodes ? Probably this is a good starting point. This contrib node for instance shows how to read data from heart monitors.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.