Communication between smartphones and a projector. Remote Control Phone

Hi guys,
I want to make an Mobile app which can connnect to the Smart Xiaomi Projector (Android). With a smartphone, the teacher can control the powerpoint file which is saved locally in the projector. It's like the Mi Home app, make a phone become a remote control.
I'm new with BLE and NodeRed, as I know, I need to define :

• Connection between phones and a projector (BLE).
  • Protocol to transfer/receive commands from a phone to the projector.
  • Apply these commands to powerpoint files in the projector.

My phone is connected to the projecteur via Bluetooth, next step is looking for a protocol. Do you know what protocol that i need to use in this case? And then how to apply commands received to powerpoint files in the projector so that I can control it?

Thanks a lot!
Tom

It all depends on your projector device and what APIs it supports.
So you need to share some more details about your actual Smart Projector Xiaomi.

It is a Mi Laser Projector 150.

I don't understand why do we need API for this communication between them, this communication is via Bluetooth? Please tell me if you need any more details.

Sorry, I see your need now.
So you don't want to use the bluetooth remote control but a kind of app on a smartphone.

As the Xiaomi projector seems to run android, have you tried using some android (tv) remote control app (e.g Android TV Remote Control) ?

I guess the other approach is to try to reverse engineer the bluetooth protocol which seems an extremely difficult task to me.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.