Configuring Flowfuse Self-Hosted with access from another machines in the same network

Hello there,
I've been working locally with flowfuse self-hosted v2.7.0 and i wanted to access the editor/dashboard (specifically the dashboard) from another machine. I set up a new installation on a new machine that will serve a home server and configure the host and base_url to reference the machine is hosted (host to 0.0.0.0 and base_url as 192.x.x.x:3000). Thing is, i only can access it from the same machine and no other machine can. Any idea what can i do?
Thx guys.

How is your DNS setup? I can't remember the documentation off the top of my head if that is necessary for local deployment. @hardillb or @knolleary will have to answer.

I went through an exercise of setting up the DNS here with Docker on Ubuntu and Pihole for DNS.

Grey

Assuming this is the localfs build and not Docker.

If you changed the base_url after creating instance you are trying to access then this will not work. The instances URL (and what address it binds to) is set when it is created, so with the default settings it will be set up 127.0.0.1:[some port number].

The only way to change the bind address after it has been created is to suspend the instance then edit the database and restart it.

For a localfs install the database is in /opt/flowfuse/var/forge.db and is a sqlite db, you will need to update the url field in the Projects table for the matching Instance.

@gdziuba DNS is not used with the localfs install.

1 Like

You should also check the local firewall is not blocking access.