Confusion, on my part, about how to change chart legend... series labels?

Confusion, on my part, about how to change chart legend... series labels?

I know you can initialize a chart with labels, data, series information from scratch in a payload, but I have a chart that has received data and I just want to change the legend, after the chart is populated, for an already defined set of series.

I figured, [{'labels': theLabels}];, where theLabels is just an array of strings. But all I get is 'Bad data inject' which suggests you can't update or change labels once a series is established? Tell me there is a way?

I have a ui-table that is updated dynamically, with a list of web sites, each site is monitored via ping and other statistics, the operator can change this table at anytime, so I never know the list of sites before hand. Even then, sending the raw data points to a ui-chart object is easy, just set the topic and done. But the default labels are 0,1,2, etc. or some such. How do I change such? Wonder why the legend does not just use the topic strings? That would make the labeling easy!

As far as I know, I can't do [{"labels":, "data":[], "series":}] as a payload, initialization of the chart, would blow out all the data already present in the chart?

As far as I have seen it does use the topic string, can you share a simple example flow demonstrating the issue.

Yeah... I have not had a chance to get back to this. Will do. Just need to cut down the flow to illustrate.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.