Connect to remote mySQL and HTTP get fail


I have 2 questions but I suspect they are related. Hopefully someone here can explain to me what is happening.
I have Node Red on my Siemens IOT2040 and I want to sent data to my website (mySQL).

I tried the mySQL node but cannot connect: "Error: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND
In CPanel from my website I added my external IP address to the whitelist..

Next test I did was creating a php script to add the data to the database. The PHP scrip worksswhen I call it with ?parameter1=1234 it will add 1234 to the database.
BUT it only works when I do it in my browser.... I tried to do it with an HTTP REQUEST node and that gives me a timeout error :frowning:

When I use the HTTP REQIEST node on a different simple html webpage on my webspace it also fails. But it works correctly for other websites...
Could it be that there are certain security settings causing this?

The test setup I used:

[{"id":"10a20985.579406","type":"inject","z":"14744de9.fab022","name":"","topic":"","payload":"","payloadType":"date","repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"x":148,"y":268,"wires":[["89c02b6b.74064"]]},{"id":"89c02b6b.74064","type":"function","z":"14744de9.fab022","name":"Set msg.url to my test page","func":"var data = {};\n\ndata.url = \"\";\nreturn data;","outputs":1,"noerr":0,"x":368,"y":270,"wires":[["9bd983fa.8f96e8"]]},{"id":"9bd983fa.8f96e8","type":"http request","z":"14744de9.fab022","name":"","method":"GET","ret":"txt","url":"","tls":"","x":701.5,"y":265,"wires":[["34594387.438774"]]},{"id":"34594387.438774","type":"debug","z":"14744de9.fab022","name":"","active":true,"console":"false","complete":"true","x":884,"y":315,"wires":[]},{"id":"e38756c6.250458","type":"inject","z":"14744de9.fab022","name":"","topic":"","payload":"","payloadType":"date","repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"x":141,"y":362,"wires":[["f317a320.a82d3"]]},{"id":"f317a320.a82d3","type":"function","z":"14744de9.fab022","name":"Set msg.url to","func":"var data = {};\n\ndata.url = \"\";\nreturn data;","outputs":1,"noerr":0,"x":421,"y":364,"wires":[["7280e08c.0d0b28"]]},{"id":"7280e08c.0d0b28","type":"http request","z":"14744de9.fab022","name":"","method":"GET","ret":"txt","url":"","x":707.5,"y":364,"wires":[["34594387.438774"]]}]

The call to w3schools works but to my own site fails

Does the Siemens device have a dns ip configured ? Did you try it on ip address as well ?

yes. And that wouldn't explain why it works for one domain ( in my example) and fails on mine. :frowning:
I tested it on an instance of node red on my RPi as well and it gives the same result :frowning:

I'm having similar problems trying to access a remote MySQL database.

Everything works fine from my home network here in the UK and from a friend's network in the US, but not via the school's network.

The school's IT people and myself have run all sorts of tests to try to pin-point the problem, all to no avail.
I've even taken the school's router and Raspberry Pi home and connected it to my network - where it works fine. So that sort of eliminates some of the key pieces of hardware and the NR flow.

At the moment I've given up on this issue as I used up so much time trying to sort out the problem.