Create aerospace attitude indicator in dashboard?

Files are not loaded. 404 .
The static folder configuration is not correct.

flight2

just to check syntax here's the settings.js file

Should it be .../.node-red/... (with the . before node-red)?

I don't really know what the dot is for, but it's how I have it set up on my side.

I can do that

That will go under the art category and that's the area I'm far from being an expert. No advises from me.

TADA!!!! got the dashboard, good eyes @a1ex

ok, so thanks @hotNipi for the flow and help and thank you @a1ex for spotting my mistake
[edit]
can't forget to thank @dceejay for weighing in either.

Ha ha, that's how I felt when I got mine to work. Yeah, huge thanks to @hotNipi for sharing and helping! This is the sort of thing I expected to struggle with for a month :smiley:

...aaand I'm driving the altimeter using external simulation data transmitted through a TCP connection.

I accomplished more today than I normally do in a week. I bow :sunny:

I'm driving my display from a mpu9250, pieces are working, I'll keep trying

1 Like

You're well ahead of me then... I got my Arduino IMUs literally yesterday and still have to figure out how to work with them. I'll be psyched if I can drive a proper aerospace dashboard both from simulation data and from hardware data.

One issue I'm having with simulation data received by TCP connection is that... it hiccups a lot, and even though my simulation data is generated at 60 Hz, the dashboard altimeter refreshes at a much slower and variable rate...

Will have to troubleshoot, but would love to know if @gerry sees this problem with hardware data...

the chip is relatively slow, you can only interrogate it about once a second, at that rate the dashboard has no issue in keeping up but the displays do appear to "jitter" if there is large movement in that second due to the slow interrogation rate.

I did push the chip to a 1/4 second interrogation and it does seem to work fine there.... so far

Which board are you using? I wonder now if I'll need something more powerful. I have an Uno and am expecting a Mega 2560 plus a 4-GB Raspberry Pi 4 later today. It'd be nice to refresh the dashboard maybe 10x/s...

I am running the chip off a pi 3 b, and it seems to work
[edit]
and the dashboard runs on the same pi

Hidden gemms :slight_smile:

There is 6 gauges :slight_smile:

turn_coordinator  

And to set value for it

setTurn(msg.payload)

interesting, I don't have the airspeed gauge apparently, nor the turn coordinator

Ah! Oh my god, yes, that last gauge is useful too. It looks so realistic. This is excellent work, dude.

OK, I copied the code... Do I just do CTRL+I to import as before and add the new flow to the rest I had already imported?

Post 11 I shared flow with 5 gauges which are documented.
Just read the library and found there is one more.

But I leave it for you to manage it being displayed. All clues given to achieve that :slight_smile:

@a1ex does you dashboard show the airspeed?