Daly BMS error:1

I have a problem with a Node Red Exec node. If I try to execute the command "daly-bms-cli -d /dev/ttyUSB0 --all" in Node Red I got the error:1 but if I use the same command in terminal it works perfectly. Any help? Thanks in advance

Best Regards

What do you get from the other 2 outputs?

What is the full path of daly-bms-cli? Try using the full path in the exec node

Also, does the account running node-red have permission to access it?

If you put connect a debug node to the second output from Exec you will see any error message.

I tried with the full path but nothing, if I put debug node on the other two output no messages, the account who is running node red is the right one "neminem". I don't know what's wrong and if I run the command in a terminal window everything works fine and I get every data from the bms only in Node Red doesn't work...

If I inject it only for less than a second it's blue Pid:number but then error:1...

You screenshots do not show the debug pane, They show the Info pane. You need to click the debug pane button

Ok, here is the debug window, it seems that it's getting the info but there is also an error if you look at the bottom of the debug window:

"Traceback (most recent call last):↵ File "/home/neminem/python-daly-bms/bin/daly-bms-cli", line 221, in ↵ bms.disconnect()↵AttributeError: 'DalyBMS' object has no attribute 'disconnect'↵"

Maybe it's probably due to the fact that the connection cable is too long (about 2 meters)?

This is a screenshot of the line 221 of the code daly-bms-cli:

I tried to connect the BMS with the same cable to official daly BMS windows software and everything works fine so I think it's not the cable length.

Any help?

It seems to be an error in the python code rather than a node-red issue. You need to understand that code in order to work out what the problem is.

Ok thanks, despite the error it seems to work anyway...here a screenshot from my dashboard:

The only problem that I have now it's to display the voltage of the 4 cells. For example if I want to display the voltage of cell 1 I tried with this

:

These are my payload objects:

There’s a great page in the docs (Working with messages : Node-RED) that will explain how to use the debug panel to find the right path to any data item.

Pay particular attention to the part about the buttons that appear under your mouse pointer when you over hover a debug message property in the sidebar.

BX00Cy7yHi

I don't know how to write the function code for displaying voltage of cell number 1. Any help? Thanks in advance!

See my post above (copy path)

Thank you so much! By the way Happy new year! In this way it works....

1 Like

I'm new to Node Red, I'll read the guide about working with messages with Node Red, thanks for the link and your help, I really appreciated it!