Dark theme not working for me

All,

Might just have one of those 'blond' moments on a Sunday night but cannot get the Dark Mode to work.
I corrupted my Node-Red, so re-installed this.
Installed @node-red-contrib-themes/dark - npm via NPM.
Made the changes in setting.js

editorTheme: {
        projects: {
            // To enable the Projects feature, set this value to true
            enabled: true
        },
		theme: "dark",
		page: {} // Added this as I could see an issue noted by knollary
    }

Still no Dark Theme :frowning:

Just upgraded to latest Node-Red and running Node.js 12 on W10.

Am I missing something, or is this a minor issue with the latest NR?

Which version of node-red are you using (look at the bottom of the Menu dropdown).
Which settings.js did you edit?
Which directory were you in when you ran the npm install?

Please stop node-red and start it again and then copy/paste the startup log here.

Thanks for the reply Colin,

My ignorance, and apology for that, not including the details

16 May 20:04:23 - [info] Node-RED version: v1.3.4
16 May 20:04:23 - [info] Node.js version: v12.22.1
16 May 20:04:23 - [info] Windows_NT 10.0.19042 x64 LE

The full startup log please. Also you haven't answered two of the questions.

Colin,

Again thank you for your reply,

I have done my diligence and ensured I checked all that I could.
Have been in this industry for a while and learned to look before I ask.

So to answer your questions:
Node-Red version 1.3.4
Setting in C:\Users<blanked out for privacy>.node-red
Directory to install the npm as above

The dark theme installed good and ended up in the directory:
C:\Users<blanked out for privacy>.node-red\node_modules@node-red-contrib-themes\dark

Trust this answers your questions.
Just hitting the Sunday night wall, so might be overlooking something.

Note, I just started this in safe mode, as there are a lot of items noted that will pop up that the file cannot find a DB, as this is currently not installed on my W10 machine. Have a Linux machine running as well, which has the DB installed. But that should not make a difference with the appearance of NR.

Thanks again

That all looks good.

If you start it in a terminal and then refresh the editor page do you see anything? I am running with nodejs 14 and the theme doesn't work for me either. In the log I see UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarnings

What log are you referring to? I can have a look and see if I get the same reply.

The node red log that you just posted a couple of posts ago. For the future if posting logs please copy/paste the text if possible. Use the same technique when pasting it in as you did for the settings file.

Colin,

Understood, getting some weird error when starting. Not sure if it is related.

16 May 20:04:23 - [info]

Welcome to Node-RED
===================

16 May 20:04:23 - [info] Node-RED version: v1.3.4
16 May 20:04:23 - [info] Node.js  version: v12.22.1
16 May 20:04:23 - [info] Windows_NT 10.0.19042 x64 LE
16 May 20:04:24 - [info] Loading palette nodes
16 May 20:04:25 - [info] Dashboard version 2.19.3 started at /ui
16 May 20:04:25 - [info] Settings file  : C:\Users\<Private>\.node-red\settings.js
16 May 20:04:25 - [info] Context store  : 'default' [module=memory]
16 May 20:04:25 - [info] User directory : \Users\<Private>\.node-red
16 May 20:04:25 - [info] Projects directory: C:\Users\<Private>\.node-red\projects
16 May 20:04:25 - [info] Server now running at http://127.0.0.1:1880/
16 May 20:04:26 - [info] Active project : <PrivateProject>_V205.7
16 May 20:04:26 - [info] Flows file     : C:\Users\<Private>\.node-red\projects\<PrivateProject>_V205.7\flow.json
16 May 20:04:26 - [info] *****************************************************************
16 May 20:04:26 - [info] Flows stopped in safe mode. Deploy to start.
16 May 20:04:26 - [info] *****************************************************************
ui_base - error: [Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, stat 'C:\Users\<Private>\.node-red\node_modules\node-red-dashboard\dist\js\gridstack.min.map'] {
  errno: -4058,
  code: 'ENOENT',
  syscall: 'stat',
  path: 'C:\\Users\\<Private>\\.node-red\\node_modules\\node-red-dashboard\\dist\\js\\gridstack.min.map',
  expose: false,
  statusCode: 404,
}
ui_base - error: [Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, stat 'C:\Users\<Private>\.node-red\node_modules\node-red-dashboard\dist\js\gridstack.min.map'] {
  path: 'C:\\Users\\<Private>\\.node-red\\node_modules\\node-red-dashboard\\dist\\js\\gridstack.min.map',
}
}
}
}
}

I have just tried again, this time with the page: {} entry as well and it works ok for me.

I don't know what those errors mean. If you remove the theme setting in settings.js to they stop?

Colin,

Strange things happening here.

Changed some settings in my settings.js like below and then my browser refuses to load, see below settings:

editorTheme: {
        projects: {
            // To enable the Projects feature, set this value to true
            enabled: true
        },
		theme: "dark"//,
		//page: {}
    }

Feedback from my Chrome browser:

DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for http://localhost:1880/vendor/purify.min.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE
red.min.js:16 Node-RED: 1.3.4
red.min.js:16 Versions
red.min.js:16 jQuery 3.5.1
red.min.js:16 jQuery UI 1.12.1
red.min.js:16 ACE 1.4.12
red.min.js:16 D3 3.0.3
2DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for http://localhost:1880/gridstack.min.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE
red.min.js:16 Warning: node.wires longer than node.outputs - trimming wires: f515b5b.312b448  wires: 1  outputs: 0
2DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for http://localhost:1880/ui_base/js/gridstack.min.map: Load canceled due to load timeout

edge giving similar issues

JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 3.3.0
red.min.js:16 Node-RED: 1.3.4
red.min.js:16 Versions
red.min.js:16 Warning: node.wires longer than node.outputs - trimming wires: f515b5b.312b448  wires: 1  outputs: 0
DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for http://127.0.0.1:1880/vendor/purify.min.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE
2DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for http://127.0.0.1:1880/ui_base/js/gridstack.min.map: Load canceled due to load timeout

Doing my head in right now, might give it a new look tomorrow, as it is getting a bit late

Again, thanks for your support

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.