Dashboard 2 gauge dynamic label assignment issue

Hello everyone. I have the following issue. I am trying to set a dynamic lable for one of my gauges and I have read the documentation about it stating that as long as I send msg.ui_update.title with a value pair the title of the gauge will be dynamically updated. I have setup an inject node to test that out:

, but unfortunatelly it doesn't seem to work. This is the configuration of my gauge:

The flow is just straightforward inject node connected to the gauge itself.

I am not at my computer at the moment, but isn't it label rather than title?

See here How to Update to the Final Version of Dashboard 2.0? - #5 by Steve-Mcl

@Colin not according to the not fully realease update documentation Gauge ui-gauge | Node-RED Dashboard 2.0

Yes, that could do with changing to avoid confusion :dizzy_face:

This is inconsistent with other nodes, which use msg.ui_update.label. Perhaps it is just a documentation error. I have submitted an issue. Inconsistent use of msg.ui_update.title to update the label for gauge node, msg.ui_update.label is used for other nodes. · Issue #1284 · FlowFuse/node-red-dashboard · GitHub

I see. So it will be released soon, but not there yet. My mind was bugging for hours trying to make it work after even updating the dashboard to the latest version. Thanks!

Yes, I agree, it's actually an inheritance from Dashboard 1.0 which used title, rather than label. We'll support this request for sure.