Dashboard being displayed in mobile emulator

I'm new to this game so please excuse me if this is a dumb question. When I am displaying my dashboards, the results are being shown in a graphical frame that resembles a mobile phone. I've no idea where this comes from and my friend Google is unable to assist.

I'm running v0.18.7 on a Raspberry Pi 3 if that is of assistance.

0 Likes

Do you mean that it appears as a fixed size area the same shape as a phone? If so then you can change that in the Dashboard Layout tab.

0 Likes

Which dashboard and which version have you got installed?

0 Likes

I was actually getting a background graphic of a mobile phone upon which the dashboard widgets were being overlaid. I upgraded the dashboard code this afternoon and a new selection appeared in the Site tab of the dashboard tab allowing the setting of a theme in a UI_template. I have set this to No and the mobile graphic has disappeared. So guessing that when I installed either Node Red or the original Node Red Dashboard then this mobile theme must have come with it?

0 Likes

There is no mobile theme in the dashboard, only light, dark and custom. The version of dashboard is logged in the console during startup

0 Likes

There used to be a "mobile" version of the dashboard (called node-shri-dashboard, iirc) -- it was an incompatible fork of the main dashboard, sporting a background image of a mobile phone. Can you check the Palette Manager's "Installed Nodes" tab, searching for "dash"? You should only see one, namely the core version of node-red-dashboard -- if there are others installed, they may be causing conflicts and should probably be removed.

Oh, and if you ever see node-red-contrib-ui installed, that is the old version of the dashboard code before it was transferred over to Dave and the node-red team -- it too should be removed in favor of the latest dashboard module...

1 Like

Can someone explain to me why in Chromium browser tab my dashboard layout is all controls and displays in one row, but when viewed on a cell phone Chrome tab its all shown in one column?

It actually works better on a phone since the security cam image I display is re-sizable on the phone, but not on the desktop browser.

I'd prefer both browsers show the same thing, preferably with the phone browser behavior also shown on the desktop.

0 Likes