Deploy button not responding

Hey Guys,

I have imported a template node from a website using the import function. If I now want to change or delete this node, the deploy button does not respond.

The problem is somewhere in red.min.js

How do i fix this issue?
Thanks!

Best regards
Robin

Try starting NR in safe mode and see if you can then delete the node.

node-red --safe

Hello,

sadly this did not help either.

I even tried to delete the flow manually in the json file. This worked but if I add a new flow, I get the same issue again.

Is that the case if you add any flow, or is it a particular node or set of nodes that gives the problem?

If you can't do anything then is this new and if so have you updated something or installed new nodes or anything?

Start node-red in a terminal and post the startup log here please. Copy/paste it when pasting use the </> button at the top of the forum text window and paste it in.

Is that the case if you add any flow, or is it a particular node or set of nodes that gives the problem?

I got this problem after importing a script with a JSON file from the internet. After importing it, I got a new flow with a template node in it. After that, I tried a few things and suddenly I could not deploy after changing anything in that flow. Adding and removing new flows worked perfectly. Then I removed the "problem flow" manually out of the JSON file. First I thought it worked perfectly but then if I added a new empty flow, I got the same old problem. I could not deploy. So I restored the old version with the "problem flow" again.
After restoring the old version with the "problem flow" I can add and remove flows except for the "problem flow"

12 Nov 14:09:34 - [info] 

Willkommen bei Node-RED!
===================

12 Nov 14:09:34 - [info] Node-RED Version: v1.2.3
12 Nov 14:09:34 - [info] Node.js  Version: v10.15.2
12 Nov 14:09:34 - [info] Linux 4.19.75-v7l+ arm LE
12 Nov 14:09:36 - [info] Paletten-Nodes werden geladen
12 Nov 14:09:41 - [info] Dashboard version 2.23.4 started at /ui
12 Nov 14:09:42 - [info] Einstellungsdatei: /home/pi/.node-red/settings.js
12 Nov 14:09:42 - [info] Kontextspeicher: 'default' [ module=memory]
12 Nov 14:09:42 - [info] Benutzerverzeichnis: /home/pi/.node-red
12 Nov 14:09:42 - [warn] Projekte inaktiviert: editorTheme.projects.enabled=false
12 Nov 14:09:42 - [info] Flow-Datei: /home/pi/.node-red/flows_raspberrypi.json
12 Nov 14:09:42 - [info] Server wird jetzt auf http://127.0.0.1:1880/ ausgeführt.
12 Nov 14:09:42 - [warn] 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Die Datei mit den Datenflowberechtigungsnachweisen wird mit einem vom System generierten Schlüssel verschlüsselt.

Wenn der vom System generierte Schlüssel aus irgendeinem Grund verloren geht, werden Ihre Berechtigungsnachweise
Die Datei kann nicht wiederhergestellt werden. Sie müssen sie löschen und erneut eingeben.
Ihre Berechtigungsnachweise.

Sie sollten Ihren eigenen Schlüssel mit Hilfe der Option 'credentialSecret' in
Ihre Einstellungsdatei. Node-RED wird dann Ihre Berechtigungsnachweise erneut verschlüsseln.
Datei mit dem ausgewählten Schlüssel beim nächsten Deployen einer Änderung verwenden.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

12 Nov 14:09:43 - [info] Flows starten
12 Nov 14:09:59 - [info] Flows gestartet
12 Nov 14:09:59 - [info] [mqtt-broker:Broker] Verbindung zum Broker mqtt://127.0.0.1:1883 hergestellt.

The only problem I can see with the log is that you are using a two year old version of nodejs which has had numerous fixes since then. The latest release of 10.x was 10.23 a few weeks ago. I suggest upgrading that to the latest 10.x or even better to 12.x.

What OS are you running on and how did you install node-red/nodejs to get such an old version?

oh okay node-red is running on a raspberry pi 4 with raspbian.

I can´t remember how I installed node-red/nodejs but I will update Nodejs.

All you should need to do is what I guess you didn't do initially which is to run the install/upgrade script from the node-red docs. Running on Raspberry Pi : Node-RED

@Colin I have now:

12 Nov 17:17:11 - [info] Node-RED Version: v1.2.3
12 Nov 17:17:11 - [info] Node.js  Version: v14.15.0
12 Nov 17:17:11 - [info] Linux 4.19.75-v7l+ arm LE

But sadly this did not fix my problem

All you should need to do is what I guess you didn't do initially which is to run the install/upgrade script from the node-red docs. Running on Raspberry Pi : Node-RED

Node-red was running more than a year perfectly so I think it was everything right.

Clear the browser cache and reload the page. If that doesn't fix it then post the problem flow here and I will take a look.

Clear the browser cache and reload the page. If that doesn't fix it then post the problem flow here and I will take a look.

Did not work

[
    {
        "id": "8fbf7029.588de",
        "type": "tab",
        "label": "test",
        "disabled": true,
        "info": ""
    },
    {
        "id": "5778320b.bba91c",
        "type": "ui_template",
        "z": "8fbf7029.588de",
        "group": "53e6c4b8.1b0f7c",
        "name": "",
        "order": 2,
        "width": "6",
        "height": "6",
        "format": "<div ng-bind-html=\"msg.payload | trusted\"></div>",
        "storeOutMessages": true,
        "fwdInMessages": true,
        "templateScope": "local",
        "x": 790,
        "y": 480,
        "wires": [
            []
        ]
    },
    {
        "id": "53e6c4b8.1b0f7c",
        "type": "ui_group",
        "z": "dfe4ec36.0a5a5",
        "name": "Default",
        "tab": "",
        "order": 1,
        "disp": true,
        "width": "6"
    }
]

I don't think the hangup is anything to do with that flow.
If you start node-red in a terminal so you see the log you posted earlier, and then make it lockup what do you see in the terminal?

Also try opening a terminal and running top and then make it lockup. What do you see there? Is anything hogging the processor for example?

@Colin if found an old data backup. I lost some changes but it is okay.
Now it´s working fine.

Thank you for your support.

This is a client side issue that (imo) should not happen.

Do you have the original code you imported that caused the issue?

I would like to see if it is repeatable.

Hello @Steve-Mcl,

I think the issue should be in there
flows_raspberrypi_Backup.json (167.9 KB)

I don´t have the code I imported separately

So your flow does indeed trip up the client side code.

I am running with non minimised client code, the error occurs here...

I am certain this can be contained in code but - how to handle this situation - is a completely different question.

This ui_group in your flow has a z index that doesn't exist in the flow

{"id":"53e6c4b8.1b0f7c","type":"ui_group","z":"dfe4ec36.0a5a5","name":"Default","tab":"","order":1,"disp":true,"width":"6"},

I think it might be worth tagging Nick (@knolleary) to have a look see what he makes of this.

INFO: tab is null after returning from RED.nodes.subflow() causing undefined error when accessing name property.

STEPS I TOOK:

1. imported your flow through the import dialog.
  2. deleted all the OPC nodes (I wasnt about to install that!)
  3. tried to deploy - it would not.
  4. with devtools opened, operated the deploy button once more & debugger stopped on the line highlighted in the screenshot above

Fix pushed - will release 1.2.4 soon.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.