Deployed flow not updating (node-red-contrib-redis ignoring close event after flow deploy)

Hi all,

I created a flow that reads from a redis list using BLPOP. I configured it to read from localhost:6379. It came up with ETIMEOUT because I don’t have a server on the same machine. I then corrected the server address, eg 192.168.1.7:6379 and redeployed. An equivalent python script running at the command line on the same machine as node-red is able to contact the redis server and do what is necessary.

The debug panel still shows repeated errors as the flow attempts to connect to old server config. I can’t get node red to refresh the flow. I tried disabling the flow.

The old version of the flow is still running and I can’t stop it.

How do I actually control nodered? How do I debug this? Why can’t I stop the running flow after deploying a new version of it? Why does the running flow ignore the flow state “disabled”?

I’m at a loss. What am I missing? Is this normal behavior?

thanks

Which redis node module are you using? It sounds like the node isn’t listening for the close event that happens as part of a deploy and is continuing to try to reconnect. If that’s the case, it’s a bug with that node which needs fixing.

Nick

let’s see…

node-red-contrib-redis

Does it recover if you restart node-red?

In which case, you may want to raise an issue against node-red-contrib-redis. My guess is an issue with the node’s close handling - it doesn’t handle the case where the node has not successfully connected so the client object is left trying to continually reconnect with the original details.

restarting does force the issue to resolve, yes.

re: node-red-contrib-redis. Looking at the code, this appears to be the case. I’ll try to log defect.