Different dashboard after power outlet

I installed mc and started looking around and made some progress. I thought my normal user had admin rights, but it seems I was wrong, now I can see more files.
I have one folder named "home/.node-red" which contained flows_synology.json from a date in june which could be the right one.
But as you pointed out earlier, I've got multiple locations I also got a folder named "homes/admin/.node-red" which what it looks like contains the same file from the same date. I haven't found any flows file from another date. (the one that seems to be running now i nowhere to be found)

How can I now which is running and which to delete? I know some things that differ them in flows, is that searchable?

Ok, so here's my solution or what I should call it.

I downloaded the file I thought was the right one, imported it to node-red editor. Then deleted everything else, now I'm back in business. :smile:

The thing I still don't know how to solve is what I should've done in the first place, since I had to start fresh after the first power outlet. If it happens again I want to prepare. What folder/s should I keep and which should I delete and how do I make node-red start the correct file?

First I thought I had to make a backup, but it seems more like I need to know how to boot node-red from the previous file rather than start a new one?

OK, this explains things. Because you've installed node-red as a user and as the admin user. You need to decide which user to use.

Really the best thing to do is to use SSH to connect to the NAS and use a standard-user login. Install node.js and node-red under that user using SSH.

Ok, thank you. I will try that.

And thanks to all of you who tried to help me with this!

:grinning:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.