Discussion about a new Dashboard

Here's a tab from my standard NR dashboard:

Here's a tab from my FlexDash dashboard (same NR server), these are all FlexDash widgets:

Here's the first tab (standard NR) as iframe in FlexDash:

I still use the standard NR dashboard version hence I've kept the green top nav bar. Once I switch completely to FD I'll drop the green top-nav 'cause it's redundant with FD's tab nav.

And this is the configuration for that iframe tab in FD:

• use a tree as icon ("orchard"...)
  • no text title, i.e. icon only
  • iframe tab type
  • iframe slot A (has to do with avoiding to reload the iframe when switching tabs)
  • URL for standard dashboard tab to put in iframe

UIBuilder is a different thing. It's much lower level, open to any UI framework/toolkit, DYI type of stuff. FlexDash is Vue+Vuetify with a specific back-end to front-end message model, point-and-click configuration, no coding required. One is not better than the other, they serve different purposes/use-cases.

For me the big to-do on the FlexDash side is to take one of the std dashboard UI nodes and turn it into a FD equivalent node. E.g. "replace your std UI button node with this FD button node". The hard part is reverse-engineering how the std UI button node works and while I'm interested in doing that as a sample for one node, I don't think I will be able to muster the energy to go through all the UI nodes and do the same...

7 Likes