Editor Feature Request - Flow List Quick Navigation

@redDawn - yes I think there is something to be done here. Although it does need some more thought.

We know that having a large number of tabs makes the horizontal scrolling of the tab bar impractical. A drop-down is an attractive choice - but it can't just substitute an unwieldy horizontal list for an unwieldy vertical one. So maybe that dropdown should have a filter at the top to make it easy to search the list - but that's much the same as using the existing Ctrl-F search box.

As is often the case, writing that down has made me stumble over another option I prefer. Rather than a dropdown, it's a button that opens the existing search dialog with the search-term pre-filled to tab (a capability Dave recently added in the dev branch... good one Dave). That saves a lot of time and effort in creating new UI.

What do you think?

@tilleul - that looks interesting. I have had in the back of my mind to create a sidebar tab that gives a tree hierarchy view of your complete configuration - similar to the Dashboard sidebar tree. There are a number of actions that would benefit from having that sort of view.

There's a separate thread on locking nodes/flows (but as I go to find the link to that topic, I see you've already comments on it...)

Hiding a flow... not sure. There's enough going on in this topic, so going to politely ignore that part.

Interesting idea. We've long discussed the Link node's appearance. I can see the appeal of having an option to hide the label, but I'm not a fan of it being a special behaviour if the name property is " ". I'd see this as being an explicit toggle option on the appearance tab of the edit dialog (along side the node icon/port labels etc).

The editor already shows a tooltip if you hover on a port with a label. I have pushed to the dev branch the ability to have a tooltip on the node body, which displays its label.

Despite what you see in that image (which was taken whilst I was playing...) the dev code only uses this tooltip on the Link node (as it already hides its label). But it lays some ground work for if/when we enable hiding the label on any node.

4 Likes