Existing CRUD with MYSQL ? Same phpmyadmin?

Hello everybody.

I am so enamored with the ease of building programs with NODE-RED that I wanted to ask:

Is there any NODE that does the work of CRUD of a MySQL database?

Fully automated?

I would like something as simple as phpMyAdmin is for me, it shows everything on the screen - without any work.

Everything I've seen so far has involved a lot of code and specific customizations.

Is there a node? specific for that? CRUD of a MYSQL DB?

No. There is a node that can access MySQL but it is up to you to tell it what to do.

I recommend watching this playlist: Node-RED Essentials. The videos are done by the developers of node-red. They're nice & short and to the point. You will understand a whole lot more in about 1 hour. A small investment for a lot of gain.

Presumably you could have a dashboard button which opens phpmyadmin in a new tab, or even an iframe.

I already use node-red well and I like it a lot.

I have developed good applications.

But I thought that there would be some node in the Palette that could do this CRUD service.

Why would you think that? What other single node have you found that does everything that another software program does? You could build your own implementation of phpMyAdmin but you would need many nodes to do it.

As @jbudd noted, you could create a small flow to open phpMyAdmin in the dashboard but no single node will do it.

The idea is that there was a node:

Where you inform yourself the Database, the table, and the template in CSS.

It would generate a table with all the CRUD options.

In the style of this JS

But in the context of Dasboard_ui

It doesn't exist yet, and if it does, I don't know about it.

No because a database is more than just CRUD, where should it start and end ? There are better tools available, which are dedicated and better for this task. I use SequelPro (on mac), phpmyadmin is a nice alternative too, there are so many. Creating this in node-red will be a project without an end.

1 Like

While the idea of a Node-RED version of phpMyAdmin is interesting, it isn't really the focus of Node-RED. :slight_smile:

Now a real equivalent would be a standalone Node.JS version nodeMyAdmin perhaps!.

This is because, phpMyAdmin is really a stand-alone application. The node.js equivalent doesn't NEED the integration that Node-RED brings, all it needs to do is to create a web interface along with all of the dedicated tasks that any MyAdmin tool needs.

If you search, maybe such a thing already exists? If not, you could make a bit of a name for yourself by creating it. :wink: All you need is node.js along with ExpressJS and a bunch of code. :grin:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.