Failure to install node-red-contrib-ftp-sftp(-hubone) via Palette Mgr or npm

Tried to install different versions of sftp in node-red on Windows 10 computer application to test which is better for my application and node-red-contrib-ftp-sftp failed, also -hubone version, although both use same npm install text, plus -you-ftp-sftp also failed. Was able to install -sftco, -sftp, -betterplus-sftp and -ftp without issues. I installed newer version of node to see if would fix the problem, but log only shows different failure. Prior to node upgrade, failed installs all show similar logs; this line is start of failure:
verbose shrinkwrap failed to load package-lock.json JSONParseError: Unexpected token "{" (0x7B) in JSON at position 29795 while parsing near "... }\n },\n\t{\n \t"requires": tru..."
After upgrade, get the following:
error errno -4058
165 error enoent An unknown git error occurred
166 error enoent This is related to npm not being able to find a file.
Sorry,but as new user, can't upload full logfiles!
Thanks for any help you can offer.

Welcome to the forum @jbdconsult

Difficult to be certain without more information, but that could mean that the node needs git to be installed, so I suggest installing that and trying again.

However, I have not found any ftp nodes that work well, so I use an Exec node calling a system command to do what I need.

Thanks for the input. I managed to make work what I needed with a different sftp install, so no need to pursue my problem with installation. It appears most of the sftp nodes require you to use the author's directory-name to pass a path/file into the local/remote directories - this not intuitive. For example, had to replace msg.payload with msg.remoteFilePath, which I had to extract from the executable json. Pity the authors don't include notes or examples to cover this!
I had not considered using Exec, but will look at it for future uses. Thanks again.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.