[FeatureRequest] Node-RED on Mastodon

Yes - it looks totally different .....
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you have different switchable 'decks', like I had in tweetdeck, so you can select different topics, grouped together?

No idea sorry

Any chance of this happening? It might convince me to risk a try at this sort of social medium.

I will look at setting something up.

3 Likes

@bartbutenaers@fosstodon.org

It's a bit experimental, and some more polish needed, but do give Node-RED (@nodered@social.nodered.org) - Node-RED Social a follow.

3 Likes

Followed :slight_smile:

Thank you very Nick :slight_smile:

Not seeing any traffic appearing :frowning:

I can recommend moa.party to cross-post as temp measure until you can directly toot out updates

What traffic are you expecting to see? We don't post to the Node-RED twitter account very often, but when we do, we'll cross post to mastodon.

I've also setup a separate account to be a mirror of the https://twitter.com/red_nodes, but I haven't plumbed it up yet (as mentioned here: Node-RED Nodes: "We're still working on plumbing things up, but evā€¦" - Node-RED Social)

That's what I thought you'd setup - thats the main one I was looking for - apologies :slight_smile:

A small request if possible please, could you add a suitable hash-tag to those posts? Something like #nodered? That will make the posts a lot more discoverable.

1 Like

Just saw a request to make hashtags CamelCase (better for screen readers they said) so maybe #NodeRed

or maybe even #Node-RED if we can

2 Likes

I think (like twitter) punctuation gets roughed over

1 Like

I understand that people have different priorities but it's disappointing not to see simple cross-posting happening over on Mastodon

Do you mean cross-posting from Twitter? 'Cause I'm seeing plenty of that on my feed. But really Mastodon isn't Twitter and lends itself it seems to a slightly different approach. Also, for all the people who have recently joined, it will take a while for them to bed in I think so you may need to be a bit patient. After all, Twitter wasn't built in 2 weeks either :slight_smile:

I an specifically referring to a feed of node-red contrib node updates that I used to see on twitter

Just boosting this thread as not seen or heard of anything happening