๐Ÿš€ [FlexDash] alpha release - a dashboard for Node-RED

My second guess: are you the CTO of a spinoff that Santa Claus has started, to support our community? Better than the original again of course :wink:

Will do two proposals, but only about popup menus (in a desparate attempt to not look too greedy...).

While @Steve-Mcl and I were developing the SVG node, we also were building meanwhile the node-red-contrib-ui-contextmenu node. Because we wanted the users to be able to right click on an SVG element, and then be able to select a command from a contextmenu. For example to turn a light bulb on or off.

But we developed the contextmenu as a separate node (i.e. not part of the svg node) to allow users to use it for other ui nodes. Which they also did afterwards...

As a result, some times afterwards we needed some kind of standard. Indeed if you want some node-red-contrib-ui-xxx node to support our context menu, it would be interesting if all ui nodes send the clicked coordinates in the same message output field. Otherwise users need to start putting Change nodes in between the ui node and the ui-contextmenu node, to move the clicked coordinates in the output message to the position where the contextmenu node expects them.

So I had started this discussion: near the end you will see that we had some kind of agreement among the ui developers of that time. Although there is room for improvement in that agreement, because very recently I got an issue for the SVG node where you can see that the current coordinates are not optimal yet.

If you could manage that every widget could send the (correct) clicked coordinates in its output message, that would be very useful! Similar to how you arranged that every widget now has a topic field in its config screen. Because then we are sure that all widgets do it the same way. If this would become the responsibility of the Flexdash framework (instead of every ui node), that would be awesome!

And I don't know if vuetify supports a contextmenu out of the box? Because the current contextmenu node was based on a Js contextmenu node that Steve had found. But (see this recent issue) that original library is even removed from Github, so there is no support anymore. Moreover in the past there were problems anyway with that library, when crossing the perimeter of the window: Steve managed to solve it by adapting our clone of that library (see here). Just to tell that this node contains quite some logic, and would be nice if you could find a popup contextmenu supported by the Vuetify community...

1 Like