FlexDash Socket.io

I'm having some issues with getting FlexDash setup with Socket.io. I have flexdash setup and install, the start.html file created and in flexdash-src directory and I'm receiving the below error.

Any ideas or additional info I can provide to help troubleshoot?
I'm relatively new to node-red but making quick progress.

1 Like

@tve - Thorston, for info

2 Likes

@ryanprel I would recommend holding off on trying out FlexDash. I have a complete overhaul in the works that should be ready for initial testing in 1-2 weeks. It completely changes the way it integrates with Node-RED, so anything you do now will be obsolete.

WRT your problem at hand, the node-red log may have some errors, but also the browser's console. Unfortunately the websockets underlying socket.io don't provide decent error feedback. BTW, you have HTTPS checked: do you actually have Node-RED running with HTTPS?

@Paul-Reed thanks for the ping!

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback on the issue - I'll just hold off on building that out and work on other stuff for now. I don't have https setup so good catch. Disabling https didn't make any difference for my setup. Since I don't have anything configured yet, would you recommend just removing all of FlexDash and install everything from scratch for your new update? @tve

1 Like

Yes, removing it all is the best thing. Sorry for the delay and thanks for your interest!

Thanks for putting so much work into this!

1 Like

Any update on the status of the FlexDash update?

It "might" be that Thorsten is waiting for me (already some weeks), because I promised him to help with some stuff. But unfortunately I have almost no free time at the moment. Familly life goes first...

I wish I could just point the finger at you, Bart, but I've been busy with another project and mostly just life. I have made progress. The docs have advanced quite a bit, the example flows are almost all there, I've tested all but the plot widgets in the process, and I've migrated by production NR to a new server running the V3 beta. Now I need to migrate my dashboard fully to FlexDash and see what else shakes out.

I still see a major race condition in the NR V3 UI that affects FD and I haven't tracked that down. Not that the previous race condition I hit has been fixed... (Race condition when loading module with both Plugin and Nodes · Issue #3523 · node-red/node-red · GitHub)

1 Like

FYI: issue nodes get moved to current tab on flow-edit launch due to race condition · Issue #3699 · node-red/node-red · GitHub

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.