Flexdash Configuration nodes not saving

On the latest Flexdash version, a bug prevents correctly saving some flexdash configuration nodes. For example,if I change a dashboard name or port, it does not get saves, and creating a new dashboard always saves in flows file as port 80 with a blank name.

Also noticed the "rows" property on a flexdash panel also always saves in the flows file as "" blank.

Note I am on chrome, windows 10. Also tried on chrome windows 11, same. Didn't try any other setup.

Also note I sidestepped this issue by manually editing the flows file and restarting node-red, then everything works as expected, as long as no change is made to it in the node-red editor.

Also this was working right before I updated to the latest flexdash version, what the previous version was I do not know.

Just thought I'd post as I seem to have ruled out everything else on my local system.

1 Like

Can you confirm the node-red-flexdash version you have for me?

It is version 0.4.154 , the latest showing in the palette manager.

Can you help me create a reproduction? I started a completely fresh install of node-red with FlexDash:

29 Apr 16:38:08 - [info] Node-RED version: v3.0.2
29 Apr 16:38:08 - [info] Node.js  version: v16.16.0
29 Apr 16:38:09 - [info] Node-RED FlexDash plugin version 0.4.154
29 Apr 16:38:09 - [info] Node-RED Vue version 0.1.15
29 Apr 16:38:11 - [info] Node-RED FlexDash version 0.4.154
29 Apr 16:38:11 - [info] Node-RED FD Core Widgets version 0.4.64

I then added a date-time widget to the flow and on its 'general' tab clicked through the 'container' config to add a grid, a tab, and a FLexDash dashboard, all with default values.
I then deployed and checked the flows.json.
The I edited the dashboard config node, changed the name, and changed from using the built-in web server to using port 81. I hit 'update' and then deployed. Checking the flows.json shows the expected values:

{
        "id": "219c10b6814ce841",
        "type": "flexdash dashboard",
        "port": 81,
        "ioOpts": "{}",
        "path": "/flexdash",
        "redServer": false,
        "saveConfig": true,
        "allOrigins": false,
        "name": "FD2",
        "fd_children": ",3c83d9eed159717a"
    },

I killed the Node-RED server, started it again, reloaded the admin UI, and the changed values are still there as expected.

So I'm not sure what you are seeing and would appreciate some info on how to perhaps reproduce it. Are you seeing any errors in the Node-RED log or in the browser log, for example?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.