๐Ÿš€ [FlexDash] alpha release - a dashboard for Node-RED

I've updated your forum access level which should enable you to now be able to edit older posts, so please try again, and if you still cannot edit it, let me have the text, and I'll edit it for you.

1 Like

@domenicquirl Hey, no worries. Since I didn't manage to loose you by replying here I'm replying in yet another place :joy: :roll_eyes:

I know I can put a note where people submit issues on github but I didn't want to put big VERBOTEN! signs everywhere. So far it's not an issue and I can deal with it (hopefully politely and kindly) on a case-by-case basis. Thanks for coming here and creating an account!

Also, I'm not trying to convince you to redo your work using FlexDash. You sound like you have "real users" and I totally understand you don't want to have to explain that this and that is still broken 'cause you're using an alpha version of some new dashboard :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. I appreciate the feedback 'cause it's always enlightening to hear real-world use-cases and to figure out how best to meet their needs.

Doesn't seem to have worked. I did log out and back in to check. I'll post text here later today..

Edit: tonight I'm too zapped to write coherent sentences... tomorrow...

1 Like

I fixed the node-generator and published a new node-red-corewidgets 0.4.47. I had overlooked the 'title' and 'popup_info' props completely :sleepy:.
(node-red-flexdash is also updated 'cause the node-generator lives there, but there's no change in terms of updating it in Node-RED.)

My sense is that I should focus on "write your own widget" next. It looks like the coming days are pretty busy on my end, so it'll take a bit of time.

2 Likes

Still the same. Sorry :wink:

flex

Version 0.4.61

1 Like

I better be the one that is sorry!

Shot myself in the foot... The core widgets get built by a github action, that pulls in node-red-flexdash to access the node generator script and I hadn't pushed that. So it all looked great on my machine but the released version was built using the old generator...
This time I released and upgraded my system with the released version from npm. now it works...
Remember to reload the flow editor after updating.

15 Sep 13:08:48 - [info] Node-RED FlexDash plugin version 0.4.107                                   
15 Sep 13:08:49 - [info] Node-RED FlexDash version 0.4.107                                          
15 Sep 13:08:49 - [info] Node-RED FD Core Widgets version 0.4.48                                    
15 Sep 13:08:51 - [info] FlexDash UI version 0.4.61                                                 

Q: are there any show stoppers for anyone using or attempting to use FlexDash?

1 Like

Currently this can be done in FlexDash. The "super widget" takes the form of a SubflowPanel, which can only be placed into a grid. It cannot be placed into a regular panel, which would be desirable.

I tweaked the current panel layout machinery so it works pretty well to create such widget assemblies but eventually someone should come up with alternatives.

I haven't tried creating a package from a subflow with a subflow panel. The subflow panel is a config node that is associated with the subflow. I would assume that gets exported. It doesn't depend on the grid since it's subflow instance nodes that are "in the grid". Something to try...

Thanks for pointing out the package angle, I hadn't considered that at all!

Topic discussion continued at ๐ŸŽ‡ FlexDash alpha release - round 2

1 Like