🎇 FlexDash alpha release - round 2

I'm probably getting over-excited and am as usual over-optimistic, but are we approaching beta yet? To me beta means that the functionality has stabilized, i.e., big breaking changes are not expected. There is still a list of open issues but they're narrow is scope and have work-arounds.

To start, I updated the list of issues posted oct 9th:

• Toggle and other input feedback/loopback has to go through server
  • Sending one value to plots or sparkline doesn't work when browser is refreshed, need to fix implementation :stop_sign:
  • Log line "Sending config to ... from store undefined" is confusing
  • Panel shows a ripple on click, it shouldn't.
  • TimePlot is blank if both axes are used and the data for one of the axes is all null (prob. uPlot bug)
  • TimePlot should support SI prefixes
  • When there are many time plots on a page the tooltip can appear in the wrong plot (needs clean repro)
  • TimePlot: remove circles for data points when there are few points
  • TimelinePlot needs to be clickable
  • TimelinePlot: look into supporting multi-line labels
  • TextView: provide option to wrap text, also to scroll to bottom
  • Button: look into 100% width option as well as FAB support
  • Figure out support for per-connection data (not released yet)
  • Support simple login
  • Option to hide edit mode
  • Maximized plots that have no title end up w/out close button (needs repro)
  • Allow tables to be magnified full-page
  • Implement a search in SimpleTable
  • Fix initial "expose" tab-change event on intial page load
  • Look into socket.io inactivity timeout on server end
  • Think about arrays and per-socket data 'cause array topics are global, e.g. delete-array-element is global
  • Document the fact that internal loopback is broadcast, or rethink the functionality
  • Use material design color palette for graphs to unify color names
  • Roll NumberField functionality into Stat widget and perhaps TextField into Label. :stop_sign:
  • Edits in the live dashboard get lost if a related edit panel is open in the flow editor and is subsequently saved
  • Implement UI to reorder grids on a page :stop_sign:
  • Rethink editing in live dashboard: could reordering/resizing be done nicely without? :stop_sign:
  • Triple-check implementation of "node is truly deleted" in node-red-flexdash and actually delete references :stop_sign:

Keen observers will notice that the list has gotten longer :roll_eyes: but I think the impact of the items has narrowed. Most fall into the category of bug fixes or enhancements to one or two components, which is something compatible with being in beta. I marked the items I think need to be addressed before declaring beta with a stop sign. Thoughts?

The one big item that is not on the list is a big refactoring to support arbitrary nesting of container components in the dashboard. I need to think about it some more, but I have the feeling it would be a big stability set-back at this point and better reserved for FlexDash V2. I believe it can be done without big impact on users.

1 Like