Flow library - info about actions

Hi folks,

I have a 'déjà vue' effect :woozy_face:
I have repeated following process already so often:

• I publish a new version of one of my nodes on NPM.
  • I go to the flow library and press the "request refresh" button.
  • I wait some time but nothing happens.
  • I'm getting nervous (since my DNA is programmed that way...), so I hit the browser's refresh button periodically.
  • I start wondering "what did Nick say about how often the database get refreshed"...
  • I search on the forum for this quote:
  • So I wait a bit longer, and finally everything ends well ...

Would be nice - to support my old brain - if an informational popup (containing that quote) could be displayed, for example:

• Immediately after the link is clicked.
  • Or after clicking a help icon:
    So you know in advance what will happen, even if you don't click the link...

Thanks !!!
Bart

2 Likes

Patience is a virtue. :sunglasses:

I know. Can't help it my friend :wink:

1 Like

You can heal yourself by creating node after node and patching them and adding features faster than moon changes. Then those browser refreshings just dont fit into your daily schedule :wink:

1 Like

Of course you can suggest a PR to implement that if you wish. But that may take longer than 20 minutes

1 Like

CSS is one of my weaknesses, so indeed that would take ages to achieve a nice look-and-feel. So nearly impossible for someone who carries impatient genetic instructions :rofl:

1 Like

Ok - get a sticky post it note and write on it and stick it next to your computer instead...

2 Likes

Oh come on @dceejay. You’re forgetting the first law of sticky notes.

The likelihood of a sticky note falling off is directly proportional to the importance of the message it holds.

3 Likes

sssh - don't tell him. It was going to be a surprise !

1 Like

I see a lot of British humour, but I cannot exactly determine whether my idea has been rejected or not. But now it is getting clear to my why those brexit negotations take that long :rofl: :joy:

Final question about my request: Do the Ayes or the Noes have it?

3 Likes

I think Dave means he wants an extension before thinking further about it.
How long do you think he should have?

1 Like

Read this in a belgian newspaper today: "Bart is set to accept Dave’s reluctant request for a implementation delay up to 31 January" :wink:

5 Likes

@BartButenaers, your idea has neither been rejected or accepted. It is now in a quantum superposition of states. Until a PR has been observed no final state can be determined.

4 Likes

:scream_cat: :boom: :skull_and_crossbones:

@BartButenaers in all seriousness, your feedback is noted and the next time I'm looking at that code I'll see what we can do. If anyone else did want to PR something, that would also be welcome.

2 Likes