Flows taking long to load and save - current flow file 7.5 MB

File-action nodes are for report generation purposes. They are not invoked on normal object read/write.

By the looks of file size increase for the combined function node it seems there is not much benefit combining other non-function nodes into a function node. But yes care should be taken to reduce msg cloning.

On InfluxDB , I have used proper data retention policies and also down-sampling. So InfluxDB size is under control.

I think all the general things I can come up with have now been covered. I'd say that you have one option remaining and that would be to take some/all of your function nodes and convert them to native node.js modules where feasible. Not sure even that would have a major difference if consuming them still in Node-RED but the next step would be to take some discrete flows from Node-RED and translate to stand-alone node.js apps so that you didn't have all the overheads that make it so useful and easy to use but add lots of overheads.

Thanks Julian and rest of the forum members for your insightful comments. This discussion has helped clarify quite a few things for me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.