FR: Duplicate node selection & Duplicate with wires

Hey team,
It would be awesome if we had keyboard shortcuts for:

1. Duplicate node selection - This is the same as copy, then paste, but a single action.

2. Duplicate node selection (with wires) - This would be the same as above, but would 'paste' a copy of the selected node(s) with their wires still attached. This would be a huge time-saver.

All the best,
Dax.

Is it too difficult to press CTRL+C CTRL+V?

That is already what happens. Am I missing something?

It isn't necessarily about difficultly - have a duplicate selection option is actually fairly common.

@Steve-Mcl I think the subtle difference here is how wires that join a selected node to an unselected node are handled.

If you have an Inject + Debug node wired together. If you select both, copy and paste, you get a new pair of nodes that are wired together.

If you select just the Debug node and copy/paste - you get a copy of the Debug node but it is not wired to the Inject node.

The proposal here, I believe, is to have an action that will duplicate the Debug node, as well as the wire to the Inject node.

Adding a Duplicate Selection action will be simple to do - its between 1 and 3 lines of code depending how verbose I chose to write it.

Adding a Duplicate With Wires action will be a bit more work, including coming up with the right name. It needs to have a sensible name that makes it clear what it does.... suggestions on a postcard please.

Yes, Nick's got it in one.

Duplicate Node(s) or Duplicate Selected Node(s) seems right to me.
Perhaps Duplicate Node(s) with All Wires? or "with Leading Wires"?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.