Ftp get crashes node-red

Probleem met ftp get (node-red-contrib-ftp). Volgens mij zit het probleem in het wegschrijven van de file naar de local directorie. Maar ik kan het niet vinden. Als ik de ftp node (met get functie) verbind, dan crasht node-red. Mijn user directorie schijnt hier te zijn. C:\Users\eslaundry\AppData\Roaming\npm.

[{"id":"9d7576b4.6fc5f8","type":"ftp in","z":"a8753684.448c38","ftp":"cb704822.551498","operation":"get","filename":"","localFilename":"","name":"Get input FTP","x":420,"y":240,"wires":[["5c45f9be.fd2218"]]},{"id":"cb704822.551498","type":"ftp","z":"","host":"192.168.2.140","port":"","secureOptions":"","user":"Input","connTimeout":"","pasvTimeout":"","keepalive":""}]

Problem with ftp get (node-red-contrib-ftp). I think the problem lies in writing the file to the local directory. But I can't find it. If I connect the ftp node (with get function), then node-red crashes. My user directory seems to be here. C: \ Users \ eslaundry \ AppData \ Roaming \ npm.

wrong text

I believe you should raise an issue on GitHub.

Regardless of this being a potential permissions issue, if the node crashes NR it's most likely the NODE at fault.

Perhaps if you posted the log from node-red it may shine a light on the situation?

PS by log I mean the console output from node-red starting to the point it crashes.

Okay Thanks.

maybe for windows file paths you need to escape the \ so c:\\users\\ ... etc ?

dceejay,

That was the trick. I had this flow running on 2 windows PCs. The PC that worked had an H: folder as a local folder. The PC that crashes has C: \ Users \ eslaundry \ AppData \ Roaming \ npm as the local folder. Maybe it has to do with rights? But that node-red completely stops is annoying. But for now it works well thanks for the support.

I think these days you can also use single / like Linux etc on windows in node apps, but yes you should report it to the owner of that node as it should be detectable and not crash.

Yes, Windows supports / not just \ so you can always use that.

However Dave is right, developers should handle Windows paths not just posix ones.