FYI: You can output emoji's in node status and debug window

We can all sleep that little bit better now. Have a nice weekend

2 Likes

Haha, I'm sure more people would sleep even easier if you provided the code for that. :wink:

2 Likes

Cut and paste. Or any other way of entering Unicode characters

3 Likes

Here you go Julian.
Enjoy
ScreenShot020

[{"id":"9c57c80.f02a038","type":"function","z":"fe958fe3.cee4a8","name":"","func":"node.status({fill:\"grey\",shape:\"dot\",text:\"😍\"});\nmsg.payload = \"Mind blowing...😍\";\nreturn msg;","outputs":1,"noerr":0,"x":770,"y":480,"wires":[["8c910635.39d5d"]]},{"id":"cb2366f1.bfa0c8","type":"inject","z":"fe958fe3.cee4a8","name":"","topic":"","payload":"1","payloadType":"num","repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"x":630,"y":480,"wires":[["9c57c80.f02a038"]]},{"id":"8c910635.39d5d","type":"debug","z":"fe958fe3.cee4a8","name":"","active":true,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":false,"complete":"false","x":930,"y":480,"wires":[]}]
1 Like

Is it just me that misses the "good old days" of ASCII and EBCIDIC?

:older_man:

Agreed.
Please bring back 5-hole and 8-hole punched paper tape please, as I might have some reels still in my garage.

1 Like

Ha, tape was for wimps - I cut my teeth on IBM punch cards - got so good at one point that I could both use a hand punch not just the machine and I could fix errors by hand - with the little sticky silver patches we had.

You've never lived until you've dropped someone's tin of unnumbered cards all over the floor - then stuffed them back into the tin and into the reader - expressing surprise when the job failed. :slight_smile:

OMG - that shows our age.
I can remember running 80-column punched cards through mechanical sorting machines.
Used to get paid overtime to do it, as nobody really liked the boring job!!!

1 Like

Just joining the senior club....

You've never lived until you've dropped someone's tin of unnumbered cards all over the floor

Yes, happened to many, thats why we used a fat marker pen and draw a diagonal line across the top of them when they still where in correct order and stuffed in the tin :wink:

1 Like

OMG - I can remember that as well - now you jogged my mind/brain.

The really sensible programmers numbered the cards as well.

You certainly had to work hard (physically) then. Between the 12" tins of cards and the heavy tapes, you got a good workout - no need for the gym!

If any of you are ever in the Winchester area, we (I) would be happy to show you round the IBM museum at Hursley. Plenty of cards to sort and other old kit to fix if you like.

http://slx-online.biz/hursley/the_museum.asp

1 Like

Hi Dave,
Can I take you up on that offer?
I live about 45mins drive from Hursley near Jct 4a of the M3.

Kind regards from David.

I too might just take you up on that offer some time, I get down there a couple of times a year.

Hi - sure - It's part of the IBM Lab site so open Mon-Fri 9-5. I'm generally there apart from when I'm not :slight_smile: - so yes just DM me and we can arrange something. Obviously more notice the better so we can align diaries.

But not open for the general public to wander around.... so don't turn up without prior arrangement!