After several days of messing around in a flow and a growing number of function nodes filled with regex replacements of HTML entities by the character they represented I decided it was time to replace it by a node instead. I had previously searched around, but didn't manage to find anything, but there were suitable libraries on NPM available. So I created a wrapper node around the
he html entities package.
Today after several iterations of code it reached the stage where it became ready for public usage. So here I present
One of the practical use cases that I'm working with is parsing (partial) HTML files, then sending forward fragments from that snippet. As these are all 3rd party controlled systems, I have no control over how the text that's coming in looks like. Even better, the most used website where I ran into this issue has a really wide character range that they allow users to use/post with. Em-dashes and curly quotes were the first characters that ended up in those replacement functions, but accented letters were encoded as well.
Constructive feedback is always welcome