Template/Mustache node not encode to html anymore

Hello guys,

Is it just me but the template/mustache node doesn't encode special chars to html anymore? It was working previously.

[{"id":"69d3d7db.2f3468","type":"inject","z":"aacc5666.3ef618","name":"","topic":"","payload":"Été","payloadType":"str","repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"x":290,"y":280,"wires":[["dcb2c6a1.db85c8"]]},{"id":"dcb2c6a1.db85c8","type":"template","z":"aacc5666.3ef618","name":"","field":"payload","fieldType":"msg","format":"handlebars","syntax":"mustache","template":"Meilleure saison: {{payload}}","output":"str","x":500,"y":280,"wires":[["1c72896d.111587"]]},{"id":"1c72896d.111587","type":"debug","z":"aacc5666.3ef618","name":"Mustache test","active":true,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":false,"complete":"true","targetType":"full","x":710,"y":280,"wires":[]}]

Previously été would be été
Now it stay é

I think it's since I upgraded to Node-RED 1.0.3

Any idea?

I downgraded to Node-RED 0.20.0. I have the same issue

Seems to work OK here... what do you see?

test

node-RED v1.0.2

Payload should be: "Meilleure saison: été"

As mustache should normally encode to html vars in double {{ }}

If you are injecting the string Été why should the payload include été?? (or am I missing something...)

As far as I can see, it works as expected.

Sorry, I didn't realized that to web page (here) itself converts html entities as it should.

Mustache should html encode special chars and é should become & e a c u t e ;

Are É & é special characters?

Try injecting <Été> into the template, and it will convert it.
I believe that Mustache only converts certain characters to HTML entities, and probably doesn't include É & é as they don't have a HTML code equivalent.

Ok, yes... I see, but é is normally a special char.

Thank you Paul-Reed