Get I/O Value From PLC via Omron FINS

Hello, i want to know how to get I/O Value from specific address,
it works with several address but not with I/O.
please guide me.

plc io value

From the built in help...

Address string
PLC WORD or BIT Memory Address. Depending on the PLC Type selected in the connection, the address will use the PLC standard addressing format. Some examples...
  • CIO2000 - Core IO WORD 2000
  • CIO50.0 - Core IO WORD 50 BIT 0
  • D100 - Data Memory WORD 100
  • D20.15 - Data Memory WORD 20 BIT 15
  • E0_200 - Extended Data Memory Bank 0, WORD 200
  • E1_5.7 - Extended Data Memory Bank 1, WORD 5 BIT 7
  • H10 - Holding Relay WORD 10
  • H9.9 - Holding Relay WORD 9 BIT 9
  • W500 - Work Area WORD 500
  • W0.0 - Work Area WORD 0 BIT 0
  • A264 - Auxiliary Area WORD 264
  • A0.1 - Auxiliary Area WORD 0 BIT 1
  • DR10 - Data Register 10
  • IR0 - Index Register 0
  • T50 - Timer 50 PV
  • T50.x - Timer 50 Completion Bit
  • C50 - Counter 50 PV
  • C50.x - Counter 50 Completion Bit

So in your case, try CIO4.14 - Core IO WORD 4 BIT 14

1 Like

Thank you very much sir, btw do you have a reference source that I can use to learn mastery about this topic?

Best regards.

What sort of info are you looking for?

Understanding / mastering node red?
Making general flows?
Getting data from Omron PLC?
Working with different data types?
Sensible decisions when working with PLCs?
PLC Data consistency?

well, mastering node-red is my goal. but currently my skill is limited within SCADA environment.
for now i have been learning Html, CSS, JavaScript from W3school.
i want to create wonderful dashboard that capable of showing and control some home automation gadgets especially PLC

Ok well first thing first always check the built-in help by selecting the node & viewing the sidebar. Note: not all developers add good help in fact, sometimes there is none. However, the good nodes have decent help.

Another thing is to look at the built-in examples that come with many of the nodes and node red itself. You access the examples with the shortcut CTRL-I

Next a bunch of canned text that should put you in good stead...

first stop...

I recommend watching this playlist: Node-RED Essentials. The videos are done by the developers of node-red. They're nice & short and to the point. You will understand a whole lot more in about 1 hour. A small investment for a lot of gain.

JSON? Sting? Object?

This post should help to clarify the difference between Javascript objects and JSON.

When it is an object, it is REALLY EASY to grab parts of the msg...

There’s a great page in the docs (Working with messages : Node-RED) that will explain how to use the debug panel to find the right path to any data item.

Pay particular attention to the part about the buttons that appear under your mouse pointer when you over hover a debug message property in the sidebar.

BX00Cy7yHi

Forum stuff...

In order to make code readable and usable it is necessary to surround your code with three backticks (also known as a left quote or backquote ```)

``` 
   code goes here 
```

You can edit and correct your post by clicking the pencil :pencil2: icon.

See this post for more details - How to share code or flow json

other resources...

Good luck.

2 Likes

Thank you very much sir

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.